Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have noticed the following : when sitting in a traffic jam the outside temperature indicated in DIS is slowly but constantly increasing. I had occasions when there was 44.5°C where reality was about 25°C. It is for sure linked to engine heat, however water temp and oil temp was rock solid at 90°C and 110°C. Probably body warms up and influences the sensor. Question : do you experience the same or is this a unique failure for me ?
Otherwise I have not experienced any other failure up to now. I love this car. I am above 2200 km's and no issues at all, not even the ones reported here by others. Not even oil backfill required. Build quality seems to improve as time passes (as expected...).
Thanks for your answers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I get the exact same thing, probably has to do with airflow near the sensor. I ignore it mostly. I had to oil backfill twice (1st at 2400km and 2nd at 4200 km), tracked it once, it's insane and handles superbly. Feels faster for the past 1000 km, probably due to break-in.

·
Registered
347 Posts
sometimes i get the opposit too. when it is really hot i've got below 20C?!?!

·
Registered
718 Posts
This is normal.

The sensor measures outside air temperature and needs a constant flow of outside air.

When you are stationary, the air by the sensor is stationary and absorbs heat from the car.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine is way too high~ I'm guessing Audi put the sensor in the wrong location. Had a problem like this with a Mercedes. Sensor was near the fog lights, so whenever I turned it on, the tempurature would go up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Had the same thing - reads correctly, then in traffic creeps up to about 40C. I am at Audi Uk on friday, I will ask them where the sensor is located. I have never had this happen on other Audis, so expect it to be location related

·
Registered
172 Posts
me too mine was reading 65 C when in reality it was 45 C, I also noticed that the cars body heats up quick, maybe its the aluminum but when its parked outside in the sun, I can barley touch it without getting 3rd degree burns :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts