Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
you can reach them by just lifting the rear end of the car, just pull the rubber tubes out and push a allen no 5 size screw into the rubber tube do not leave the tube open.

Or you dismout the inner cover of the rear wheel and you find a alloy tube with a rubber connector , just do the same work there.
You have to this work on both sides.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Interesting thread, can anyone confirm what, if any, affect this has on performance. Someone indicated drop in low end performance due to less back pressure. I am not really concerned about slight performance drop but am more interested in understanding what the theorectical affect of this modification would be. Any expert insights?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, didn't think to take fotos. Take your car to any mechanic who works with Porsche's or Audi's. ( Audi dealer tech will probably refuse out of company policy) Your selected mechanic can do it in less than twenty min. Make sure they know how to lift up a R8 correctly with either a jack or a lift. (jack info on points of contact, are in the owner's book.)

Lift the car, take off each rear wheel. ( You will need the lug key located in the tool box at the bottom of the front boot). Then it is easy to get to each of the vacuum tubes thru the top of the wheel well.. Disconnect each tube and then plug or clamp the ends. (they sell clamps to close off vacuum tubes at any parts store.) If U don't clamp or plug the tube, U will get a, "check engine" light on the dash.

There is no downside to doing mod, and no power gain, but the sound is indeed wonderful and significant.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Made it yesterday - thanks for the tip. This is the tweak I needed ... it's brutal. Works perfect, haven't noticed anything in performance, it's smooth as ever. Why would anyone install a tuned exhaust ? Is the Milltek so much better ? For me it would be hardly justified.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Can anyone post some pics? I'm gonna have a REALLY REALLY hard time convincing the technicians over here that this is a simple tweak and that it is possible to do. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No need to take the wheels off ,remove the R/H engine bay side trim ,under the inner edge is the exhaust flap changeover solenoid ,disconnect there and plug/cap .Or disconnect at vacuum tank (black 3balls on right of engine)

1 - 20 of 485 Posts