Audi R8 Forums banner

481 - 488 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I did it on my 2014. Started the top down and stopped it once the rear was fully up. Then took out the covered plate that protects the top from the engine. Some bolts had a bit of rust so tidied those up and resprayed them all. Was easy to get to the vacuum canister and plug it off. I just covered the end of the nipple with electrical tape and put the hose back on over it

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did it on my 2014. Started the top down and stopped it once the rear was fully up. Then took out the covered plate that protects the top from the engine. Some bolts had a bit of rust so tidied those up and resprayed them all. Was easy to get to the vacuum canister and plug it off. I just covered the end of the nipple with electrical tape and put the hose back on over it
Is this it? Looks much different than coupe if so

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’ve done this on mine, simply removed the engine cover on the right hand side, took about 15 mins to do. It has made a real difference low end, not noticed any power loss. Still needs a proper sports exhaust though 👍🏼

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anyone done this on the spider? Degree of difficulty?
On my 2014 spyder it was as simple as removing the rear wheels and undoing about six of the T30 bolts that hold the fender liners in place. Remove the tube from the valve on the exhaust and plug it with a 5mm bolt and then set a zip tie around the outside just for good measure. Takes about 20 minutes a side if you are fast. I cleaned out all the accumulated dirt as well with the vacuum and wiped down the fender liners.

On the spyder it does make difference but not a huge difference. I would say that it is hard to actually capture on a microphone but it is there. Biggest thing for me is no more bark from the exhaust as it transitions above 3400 RPM. Just a nice and smooth rise in noise.

You can also cap them at the top like shown about two posts above but I wanted it to all look stock. Not that anyone is sticking their heads up in fenderwells.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone installed a 3 way rocker switch to manually open - close - OEM ?? I did this on my MIV Golf R32 and works like a charm. Same concept with vacuum pressure valves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting thread, can anyone confirm what, if any, affect this has on performance. Someone indicated drop in low end performance due to less back pressure. I am not really concerned about slight performance drop but am more interested in understanding what the theorectical affect of this modification would be. Any expert insights?
If anyone tells you a car needs back pressure, punch them in the face. :D

481 - 488 of 488 Posts