Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, FYI DMS Automotive in the UK has released an ECU upgrade for the R8. Any boys from the UK tried it yet? Any specs? I looking to upgrade my ECU ASAP! :D

http://www.dmsautomotive.com/models.asp?upid=10

PS: Also heard APR will have an ECU upgrade in a few weeks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
My current car has the ECU upgrade from DMS

about 10% more power, 10+% more fuel economy. 50K km no problems watsoever :D

Cant speak specifically for the R8, but would love to hear any feedback as i'll like to DMS my r8 too :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Regarding the ECU upgrade for any car, I'm always worried about the warranty. Doesn't it void the Audi one?

·
Registered
62 Posts
regarding DMS, it cannot be detected by the dealer.

my vehicle has been regularly serviced etc, no problems so far. warranty is still in place.

Best to check with a DMS representative if the issue concerns you.

No relation to DMS watsoever, just a happy client :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
I got this from DMS

"We are able to increase power and torque by around +28 BHP and +22 lb/ft. The gains do not look in any way dramatic but the car drives more cleanly with improved performance between 2000 rpm and 4000 rpm. The upgrade is undetectable by Audi service and diagnostic equipment and can be carried out at your location. Cost £1200+vat."

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wonder if they would be interested in a 'group buy'. They have a good reputation (and offer discount) to TT Forum members. £1200+VAT is quite an expensive remap, but I guess you pays your money and takes your choice...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Audi remapped my RS4 last year, as a free upgrade which applied to all cars. I assume that would have wiped out any third party prior upgrade?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was looking at the company that Guilty used and they are priced at around 1000 euros. They mentioned that any remap that Audi did would wipe theirs. They did say they would remap for free if that happened.

I haven't been to Nederland since I divorced the "Dutch" wife. I reckon its cheaper and a better day out! - the remap not the wife :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I spoke to DMS and they give a 3 year warranty on the work,so that if the remap is detected and it affects any warranty claim you have with audi they will cover it.
If you add the milltek exhaust the car would produce circa 460-470 bhp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts