Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
It would have to be a 17 that hasn't had the ECU update too. There was a thread a while back where guys were bringing their 17's in for service and ECU's got updated. Afterword they noticed a big difference in sound and complained to the dealers but once it's flashed there is no going back. I have a note with my dealer that says not to touch the ECU.
Yes this did happen that the dealership called the owner’s in to update the cars , I know two gents with 2017 v10 Pluses that had taken their cars in and had gotten the refresh, only later to complain about the cars not feeling as responsive and excelled Not quite as hard as they remembered, especially in performance mode, “the punch was gone “ I remember one of them saying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes this did happen that the dealership called the owner’s in to update the cars , I know two gents with 2017 v10 Pluses that had taken their cars in and had gotten the refresh, only later to complain about the cars not feeling as responsive and excelled Not quite as hard as they remembered, especially in performance mode, “the punch was gone “ I remember one of them saying.
How would we be able to check if this update is on our car?

·
Registered
500 Posts
How would we be able to check if this update is on our car?
There is a code for it but I don't know it off the top of my head. Someone posted it a while back on the forum. I believe it was Genessis....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can only talk about Germany, the 2020 R8 definitively does not have the same sound as the previous generation.

Legal permissible noise levels were lowered so the new 2020 R8 does not and will not be able to make the same sounds as the previous generation :(
As far as I have seen, the akrapovic exhaust is no longer available in the options, nor is the extra loud start with cold engine.

which means, I am gonna keep my 2017 V10plus Spyder as long as it lasts...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts