Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my brake discs (signs of corrosions) and thought may aswell upgrade to the wavy rotors. However as I understand it, the wavy rotors were put on from 2013 models upwards. Would they still fit on a 2007 R8 V8 model?

Part numbers I am looking at for the wavy rotors are:

Fronts - 4S0615301B
Rears - 4S0615601B

Can anyone also recommend the brake pads (and part numbers) to go with them please.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, facelift onwards. Others will confirm or otherwise but I'm pretty sure they will fit earlier models. There will be a variety of brake pads that will fit but can't help with part numbers sorry.

·
Premium Member
09 r8 v8
84 Posts
Looking to replace my brake discs (signs of corrosions) and thought may aswell upgrade to the wavy rotors. However as I understand it, the wavy rotors were put on from 2013 models upwards. Would they still fit on a 2007 R8 V8 model?

Part numbers I am looking at for the wavy rotors are:

Fronts - 4S0615301B
Rears - 4S0615601B

Can anyone also recommend the brake pads (and part numbers) to go with them please.

Thanks!!
can you use the same stock calipers?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can you use the same stock calipers?
This is what i am trying to confirm, not sure if the wavy rotors will fit the first gen v8 r8’s (specifically 2007-2012) with the same calipers/original oem brake pads etc.

·
Premium Member
09 r8 v8
84 Posts
This is what i am trying to confirm, not sure if the wavy rotors will fit the first gen v8 r8’s (specifically 2007-2012) with the same calipers/original oem brake pads etc.
lol. let me know.. would be a cool upgrade

·
Registered
60 Posts
Funny, I went the other way, replaced my wave rotors with round. Direct fit can be swapped. I run ebc red, low dust ceramic pads. Perform well, little to no squeaking. EBC-DP31127C, EBC-DP31513C

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe get girodiscs
Was looking into these as alternatives, maybe i’m searching wrong but was curious as to how I can buy the rings only when its time to replace and didn’t seem like many out there sell rings only

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Was looking into these as alternatives, maybe i’m searching wrong but was curious as to how I can buy the rings only when its time to replace and didn’t seem like many out there sell rings only
doesn’t their website sell the rings alone?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts