Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sitting in the R8 at a local Motor Show, I have noticed the steering wheel is very similar to the TT and not the RS4.

The RS4 wheel is thicker, with more Silver, RS4 Badge, Function Buttons and to me looks much more modern.

Why do you think Audi went for the TT steering wheel instead of the RS4 steering wheel? We're they cutting costs??

It doesn't make sense to me...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Maybe the 'failrly standard' ... three spoke multi-function steering wheel ... as used in the TT and now the R8 ... is cheaper than making a new RS4 dimensioned steering wheel ... along with all the amendments to the multi-function button components to make them fit a ... mutli-function RS4 style steering wheel.

Why go to the cost of re-engineering something that is ... readily available in the next parts bin ... :confused:

Don't get me wrong ... I loved the steering wheel in my RS4 ... but I do prefer the functionality of the ... three spoke multi-function steering wheel ... so to take the RS4 wheel dimensions change the look and buttons on it to those found on the three spoke multi-function steering wheel ... would imho ... be the ideal solution ... maybe they'll change to something like this for the V10 and Targa/cabriolet versions ... when and if they arrive ... :confused:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Paul,

Why do all your posts ... have so many ... full ... stops ... ... i...n t...h...e..m
They ... just ... do ... :p

It's just my 'thing' I suppose ... been doing it for years on various forums that I post on ... it's an alternative way of breaking up my verbose posts ... rather than using normal punctuation marks ... or forgetting to use punctuation marks and having my longwinded ramblings go on and on without breaks or gaps or any way for the other forum users reading the posts to understand where one statement ends or where another one begins or where I want to add a little additional detail before going back to the main point of what I am waffling on about and hopefully allowing people to break my post up into small chunks that people can look at and understand when maybe I should be putting in normal punctuation and putting additional detail where required between parentheses so people can skip over that detail if they want now look what you have made me do by making me self conscious about my full stops :p :p :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts