Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I subscribe to www.wreckedexotics.com like a lot of you. Every time a new batch of pics come in, I search for the R8's, ..there have been a few wrecked , but i am amazed at the really , really, nice supercars that get in over their heads. Maybe an R8 with 700 H.P. would be dangerous too ? Is it O.K. to call an R8 an Exotic ? It made it to THAT website ! :)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
if a TT makes it onto their site, there should be no question about the R8 :)

Does it make me sad? No, a little angry perhaps that some people have more money than brains and feel either 1) the safety systems will protect them no matter what or 2) turn off the safety systems as anyone that can buy an exotic is granted a special dispensation by God Himself that the laws of physics will not apply in their case.

Granted, not all the wrecks can be classified by 1 or 2, and also granted excuses 1 and 2 will also be used by those who drive more modest cars and feel an entitlement.

·
Registered
482 Posts
only makes me feel sick when the driver / occupants did not make it out alive

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
You know, at the track I frequently get the comment "I can't believe you are bringing that car to the track!" (meaning "Gosh, you might hurt it!").

The pictures on that website are a perfect poster-boy for "I can't believe you try to explore the performance potential of car like that on the public roads!"

Viva la track!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts