Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Registered
5,834 Posts
I would never have imagined that it snows in AZ but my first trip was back in 2013 and we had to delay our visit to Grand Canyon for a week or two because of snow. Got there eventually -

Snow Slope Mountain Highland Plant

Then in 2015 we were met with this in Prescott -

Cloud Sky Water Water resources Tree

And in 2019 at Mt Lemon -

Sky Snow Mountain Slope Tree

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking AZ, in fact I love the place. Just an excuse to show off my holiday photos :D

Reactions: ezmaass

· Registered
164 Posts
I would drive mine in the snow all the time, that doesn't bother me. Problem is the freaking gravel/pebbles they throw out on fresh snow to help people with traction which flies off of cars and damages windshields, body of the vehicles etc. I also hate the noise they make in the wheel well area.

· Registered
44 Posts
I'm in the UK we get salted roads almost daily throughout winter, since buying this R8 I've decided that it's just not worth the exposure to it for a couple of drives on the weekend, I'll wait till spring comes through before I use it on the roads.

· Registered
5,834 Posts
Same for me, i just think it´s not worth it.
Yes I reached the same decision after using mine for the first winter after I purchased it. It broke my heart seeing it all covered in salt and crap.

Reactions: Timpa

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

Well, folks, for me the moment of sadness arrived yesterday. I stayed behind in our van and followed my wife (driver) as she drove the R8 to my folk's home, as they have an extra garage space, where it will go for storage until March. :( I wanted her to drive because I wanted to hear that glorious V10, and boy was it glorious. I had the window of the van down the WHOLE TIME!!

Well, 😭 until Spring time...................

· Registered
617 Posts

Well, folks, for me the moment of sadness arrived yesterday. I stayed behind in our van and followed my wife (driver) as she drove the R8 to my folk's home, as they have an extra garage space, where it will go for storage until March. :( I wanted her to drive because I wanted to hear that glorious V10, and boy was it glorious. I had the window of the van down the WHOLE TIME!!

Well, 😭 until Spring time...................
Exactly the reason why the rear window of the Spyder can be opened if driving with top up...:D

21 - 40 of 67 Posts