Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
You can get them customized (I looked for them), but not sure adding anything around, on top of, in front of, stuck on your airbag is the smartest of choices. They’re designed to tear apart at certain points along the shell. Anything you add to them would surely compromise that.

If I’m wrong here someone chime in and let me know why. Because I’d love a leather wrapped airbag too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
May be a silly question, but does the Gen 2 airbag fit a gen 1 steering wheel? If so, there you go.

·
Registered
612 Posts
There was a guy who had his SQ5 one custom leather wrapped with red contrast stitching. It looked good. Here are the screenshots I took of it.

The wheel looks like one from EuroBoutique. So I’d try them.
They’re making me a wheel right now, so I could ask also.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you can would be great thanks alot

i am also looking for a used original leather center console

·
Registered
612 Posts
I sent them a message about it and gave them the link the thread so they can chime in if they like as well, since they are a supporting vendor on here.

·
Vendor
713 Posts
thanks fellas - the airbag modifications while they do look nice is not something advisable if you drive your car on the street. The factory airbag is designed to split in a certain way during deployment. There is no way to know what adverse affects if any there would be with additional glue / leather and other materials on the airbag.

We have done this but primarily for our own local show cars. You can decide if it's safe or not but we would not recommend doing this.

·
Registered
612 Posts
thanks fellas - the airbag modifications while they do look nice is not something advisable if you drive your car on the street. The factory airbag is designed to split in a certain way during deployment. There is no way to know what adverse affects if any there would be with additional glue / leather and other materials on the airbag.

We have done this but primarily for our own local show cars. You can decide if it's safe or not but we would not recommend doing this.
Thanks for the quick reply for everyone on here. Looking forward to showing off my new wheel with my airbag as is!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Can you please pm me price for airbag wrapped in black nappa with black stitch thanks?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts