Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Members,

I’m looking at buying this R8 and noticed the photo appears to show gaps where the wheel liner / bumper / front bonnet trim meet each other...

Are the gaps normal or could it be something more sinister?

7E5E5168-009E-4C81-933A-92B0AF8891D0.jpg
FDF8933D-8468-40F7-9BD9-CBB6BCC41483.jpg
9B4A2495-088E-474D-92EC-525D52B84AE3.jpg

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Those rubber seals that X-UFO has identified as missing are around £80 each so you may want to negotiate that into the purchase price.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
It looks to be a nice, un-modded example. The mileage is low and the optional bucket seats are rare and very desireable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks to be a nice, un-modded example. The mileage is low and the optional bucket seats are rare and very desireable.

Thanks Trev- do you know if the alloys are standard finished or have they been messed around with?

They look like they have been machine polished.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the service history - does this stack up ? I cannot work out what the correct schedule should be!!!

Sept 2011 - 7391 miles. Oil change & Dust+Pollen filter.

Aug 2012 - 9545 miles. Brake fluid.

Sept 2013 - 11369 miles. Oil - long life service

Jul 2014 - 14532 miles. Oil - long life service

Feb 2016 - 23280 miles. Oil (not long life, but inspection service), brake fluid, spark plugs, air filter

Aug 2017 - 29246 miles. Oil (not long life but inspection service)

Aug 2019 - 33310 miles. Oil - long life service

·
Registered
622 Posts
Wheels are standard finish. At least paint them black, those are the worst OEM R8 wheels (both in weight and looks).

Service history looks okay, seems as it's missing one oil change (between 2014-2016). The correct schedule should be IMO every 5K miles, or 1 year, whichever comes first.

Be careful to check the front shock welds, as this is an 09' and can crack.

Price is good! Love those seats man! (trade with me!!!)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hood is prob not shut all the way.
Common issue if you don’t click it down all the way.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Thanks Trev- do you know if the alloys are standard finished or have they been messed around with?

They look like they have been machine polished.
Most certainly been polished by the look of them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks gents - is the service history ok from a resale perspective?

6 oil changes in 10 years, with the longest span between oil services being 10,000 miles?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Most owners have the oil changed at least once a year or every 5k miles, but the intervals can be longer according to Audi so this history will be fine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks gents - is the service history ok from a resale perspective?

6 oil changes in 10 years, with the longest span between oil services being 10,000 miles?

The car does really look like a fine example!

Very good spec. Service history looks fine from my perspective.

Low mileage - condition looks good, but I guess you can only decide that when seen in person.

5+ owners which could be a worry but in my opinion (others might disagree) is fine. This is a super car and people don’t tend to keep them long in the cars early life.

There’s a website called Vcheck.uk, you can pay £2 to check if the car has ever been put through a salvage auction (even if not insurance written off). I highly doubt it would have been, but it’s always nice to double check.

One thing I would say is in 2017, the Car failed its MOT as the near side front shock absorber had a serious fluid leak. I’m guessing the mag shock was changed hence passed the retest and the next two MOT’s without any advisories- but it might be worth asking if there’s paperwork present to prove the work/quality of work carried out.

Hope I could be of help!

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
The wheels are the polished Y-spoke V10 wheel, which were an option - I have them on my car. I took a chance on them when ordering (figuring wheels are easily changed anyway if I didn't like them), but I've actually come to like them quite a lot. Why? Mainly because they're super resistant to brake dust build up! When freshly cleaned, they can look a bit blingy if caught in the sun - against my car's red, however, they don't jump out much. But after a drive or two, a slight coating of inevitable dirt, they're toned down just a bit. But they never fall victim to major brake dust build-up like matte alloy wheels, and for that I'm grateful. Super easy to maintain and clean.

IMG_20141212_160814560.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Most owners have the oil changed at least once a year or every 5k miles, but the intervals can be longer according to Audi so this history will be fine.
Thank you :)

The car does really look like a fine example!

Very good spec. Service history looks fine from my perspective.

Low mileage - condition looks good, but I guess you can only decide that when seen in person.

5+ owners which could be a worry but in my opinion (others might disagree) is fine. This is a super car and people don’t tend to keep them long in the cars early life.

There’s a website called Vcheck.uk, you can pay £2 to check if the car has ever been put through a salvage auction (even if not insurance written off). I highly doubt it would have been, but it’s always nice to double check.

One thing I would say is in 2017, the Car failed its MOT as the near side front shock absorber had a serious fluid leak. I’m guessing the mag shock was changed hence passed the retest and the next two MOT’s without any advisories- but it might be worth asking if there’s paperwork present to prove the work/quality of work carried out.

Hope I could be of help!

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very helpful, thank you for taking the time to respond :)

The wheels are the polished Y-spoke V10 wheel, which were an option - I have them on my car. I took a chance on them when ordering (figuring wheels are easily changed anyway if I didn't like them), but I've actually come to like them quite a lot. Why? Mainly because they're super resistant to brake dust build up! When freshly cleaned, they can look a bit blingy if caught in the sun - against my car's red, however, they don't jump out much. But after a drive or two, a slight coating of inevitable dirt, they're toned down just a bit. But they never fall victim to major brake dust build-up like matte alloy wheels, and for that I'm grateful. Super easy to maintain and clean.

View attachment 239614

That’s good news - it’s actually my favourite style of alloy!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts