Audi R8 Forums banner

Does your R8 feel quick to you?

• Yes, I'm scared to drive it!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yes, It's one of the fastest cars I've driven.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No, but it's enough for me.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, I need an extra 100HP!

Votes: 11 47.8%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, don't get me wrong I LOVE my R8. Killer looks, handling, brakes and sound!

BUT, in a straight line or accelerating out of corners the car feels slow. You have to rev the **** out of it BUT it feels like there's no serious shove in your back!!

So, is it just me? Are my standards to high? Feel free to comment.

PS: Since the Chip Upgrade failed, maybe I'll try a Milltek with Hi-Flow cats for some more HP. Or maybe a Supercharger if someone comes up with it!!! :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
It could do with feeling a little quicker. The S6 I'm in at the moment (still N/A obviously) feels pretty devastating when on the move...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I Feel the R8 is quick but not in anyway scary...

I think audi have really held back on this car leaving room for the v8 twinturbo/v10 and v12TDI whatever?????? (v12 waste of time, what supercar driver/buyer/owner cares about MPG)

they have left off so many things on this first geration that the future R8's will be even more amazing . but unfortunitly as the cost goes up .... the lambo (lp550) becomes more of an option .

Have you seen the supercharger on the MTM RS4 ? 0-60 3.5sec !!!!
sooner it's developed for the r8 the better.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hard to answer the poll - It is one of the fastest but I would like some kick in the back from low revs

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree that the V12 is just silly, especially since it is such a piece of technology and electronics you just know being an Audi it will leave you stranded somewhere, or spend more time in the shop than on the road running properly, or cost you two arms and a leg to have some minor part R&R'd when it's out of warranty because to replace said part it will require some ungodly amount of labor hours.

A V10 would really do the car justice if it kept the high revs but added about 100 ft-lb of torque (and the equivalent hp) and kept it NA (leaving the aftermarket to provide turbo or supercharger kits).

·
Registered
90 Posts
In a straight line I found the R8 I drove had tons of torque all over the revs but as for out-and-out go it felt no faster than my Z4M.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I can sum it up,it does not feel quick,but it is quick.I look at my speedo and it shows 10mph more than I thought i was going.
I came from a 997tt which has kidney squashing acceleration and after that anything feels slow,but the r8 is not slow.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I think it's kind of funny how people don't think it feels quick, even though it's only .5 seconds slower than a 911TT. A half a second? Are you serious? You can really tell the difference between 55 mph and 60 in .5 seconds in a time frame of 4.x seconds? The velocities are too low to be meaningful.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it's kind of funny how people don't think it feels quick, even though it's only .5 seconds slower than a 911TT. A half a second? Are you serious? You can really tell the difference between 55 mph and 60 in .5 seconds in a time frame of 4.x seconds? The velocities are too low to be meaningful.
It doesn't FEEL quick. I'm not saying it's SLOW. Everyone has different experiences with Power, Sportcars etc. So, we're all different. I just think the R8 screams for attention by it's design and nature but it lacks a little in the HP department. The V10 will fix that. Fingers crossed.

I love my R8. Very unique. I could go and buy a 997TT, but I hate the design. I just want my R8 to be scary fast. I guess I'll be waiting for a Turbo or Supercharger kit!! :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, it's quick enough, but I'd be more than happy to have more power as the car could certainly cope with it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The R8 is not '.5' seconds slower than a 997 Turbo. 0-60 times are useless for this level of car, you need to be looking all the way up. The 997 would hammer an R8 for accelaration, you should be comparing it to something like the Carrera S or M3.
Trust me, I have been in the passenger seat of a 997 Turbo and watched Ferraris/Lambos be left behind. Driving an R8 it was no doubt fast but it is not supercar fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts