Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I may get slated by some which is why it’s not completely done, I’ve left the slots for the rear fins just in case it didn’t look right, it’s actually grown on me a lot inc others I’ve asked, guess it’s different which is another reason it appeals to me but hardcore R8 owners may not think so. I’ve still got to smooth out where the fins go but wanted opinions first.

Retro fit lights are next on my list

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
kinda reminds me of a kid I passed in Honda with parts missing but that's just me. I would have at least had the bumper refinished so you don't see where the fins used to be.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kinda reminds me of a kid I passed in Honda with parts missing but that's just me. I would have at least had the bumper refinished so you don't see where the fins used to be.

It does say in my post why it’s not finished but cars with parts missing is quiet a thing in the suparcar scene, I’ve seen a lot of lambo’s with no rear bumpers or cut.

Thanks for the resize 🤛🏽

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Maybe use a wrap over the fin slots so you can reverse the mod for resale. Doesn't matter if we like it as long as you do. More photos when you are done. Cheers.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm a wanna be engineer and always try to see the reason for something being where it is cars. That's why I HATE fake vents. On back I don't see how the fins would be anything other than aesthetic. Maybe shield for rain?
As to your delete - I think it's a case of having seen them already there it looks a bit strange without them. If the cars had come without them and you added a set it might be the same reaction.
Anyway's good for you. There's so few 'free' mods on these fancy cars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a wanna be engineer and always try to see the reason for something being where it is cars. That's why I HATE fake vents. On back I don't see how the fins would be anything other than aesthetic. Maybe shield for rain?
As to your delete - I think it's a case of having seen them already there it looks a bit strange without them. If the cars had come without them and you added a set it might be the same reaction.
Anyway's good for you. There's so few 'free' mods on these fancy cars.
I know exactly what you mean and it took a while to grow on me, thanks for the positive advice, really appreciate it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe use a wrap over the fin slots so you can reverse the mod for resale. Doesn't matter if we like it as long as you do. More photos when you are done. Cheers.
I can’t wrap it because parts of the fitting stick out, they need to be sanded and filled then painted or wrapped which sucks

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
There's no turning back once you sand and fill. Be sure you want this mod for the long term. You will have difficulty when selling.

Fyi, take photos of your car in horizontal orientation and upload your pics in the .jpg format.

I can’t wrap it because parts of the fitting stick out, they need to be sanded and filled then painted or wrapped which sucks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's no turning back once you sand and fill. Be sure you want this mod for the long term. You will have difficulty when selling.

Fyi, take photos of your car in horizontal orientation and upload your pics in the .jpg format.

I’m still in two minds because of it being irreversible but I do like the look, I’ll be upgrading soon so will have to think hard about it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts