Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let a friend try the R8 and he managed to hit a kerb and scuffed both passenger side alloys. :mad: :( :mad:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well, just need to be careful where you let you mate and who your mate is...I guess.

If my mate doesn't let me take their cars for a spin I wouldn't have had a chance on the Challenge Stradale, 599, GT2, etc. etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I let a friend try the R8 and he managed to hit a kerb and scuffed both passenger side alloys. :mad: :( :mad:
NOBODY except myself and my R8 Tech drive MY R8, PERIOD! I am absolutely anal in this regard. Pretty stingy, huh?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This chap drove me in his car to hospital when I got hit by a BMW. I always thought he was a good driver.

He just underestimated the width a little. At least I can blame someone else for the first ding...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was at a trackday @ Silverstone a couple of years ago when an F40 lost the rear and destroyed itself up the pit wall !!!! Turns out it was the "Owners (Ex) mate" driving!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
You know what? May be this is a sign for some new wheels!!!

Saw the titanium look from Audi, or you can go with others like Dymag, etc. etc.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Repairable I think. I will wait till I get new tyres. Which at the rate I am doing the miles (979) will be in March!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts