Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R8 Performance
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a Dragy run I made with my 2017 V10 Quattro with a VF Engineering tune running 93 octane on PS4S tires. Everything else is stock.
Please at least try to refrain posting how your stock RWS ran 60-130 in 7.3 and how my car is slow. I'm very happy with how much added power the tune gave my car. I'm happy with a 130mph trap speed. I think it rivals most stock plus R8's.

Things I like about the tune / VFE
  • It picked up 6 mph in the 1/4 mile.
  • It dropped 1.3 seconds off the 60-130 time.
  • It definitely FEELS faster after 6,000 rpm
  • decent customer service
  • I can install / unistall the tune myself at home.

Things I don't like about the tune.
  • It's a canned tune with no other option to make custom changes to the tune other than adding additional crackles.
  • It made my car a bit jerky off the line. Not at smooth as before. It' minor but I can feel it in all modes.
  • It ruined my launch control. I used to be able to launch smoothly every time but now it just lights up the rear tires. I figured a way around it though as you can see in the video.
  • I needs to be $500 less expensive.

I think the car will be faster once fall arrives and I will report back with a new video then.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thanks for posting this - as someone considering the VF tune right now this is helpful.

Is your R8 a quattro model? What's the base power on your car (how much was the net increase)? I'm trying to scale it a little bit in my head for my RWD 540hp base.

·
Registered
2017 R8 Performance
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting this - as someone considering the VF tune right now this is helpful.

Is your R8 a quattro model? What's the base power on your car (how much was the net increase)? I'm trying to scale it a little bit in my head for my RWD 540hp base.
Yes I have a Quarto. 540 hp and 398 lb-ft, stock.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I wanted to stick with a tuner in the USA. DS1 prices are way to high for what I wanted. I don't need map switching. I just wanted a 93 octane tune that I could install myself.
arent they both 2500? Cant DS1 just do a simple plug and play tune without map switching? I am in the same boat as yo. Do not need map switching just need a simple tune for 93 debating which route to go

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Here is a Dragy run I made with my 2017 V10 Quattro with a VF Engineering tune running 93 octane on PS4S tires. Everything else is stock.
Please at least try to refrain posting how your stock RWS ran 60-130 in 7.3 and how my car is slow. I'm very happy with how much added power the tune gave my car. I'm happy with a 130mph trap speed. I think it rivals most stock plus R8's.

Things I like about the tune / VFE
  • It picked up 6 mph in the 1/4 mile.
  • It dropped 1.3 seconds off the 60-130 time.
  • It definitely FEELS faster after 6,000 rpm
  • decent customer service
  • I can install / unistall the tune myself at home.

Things I don't like about the tune.
  • It's a canned tune with no other option to make custom changes to the tune other than adding additional crackles.
  • It made my car a bit jerky off the line. Not at smooth as before. It' minor but I can feel it in all modes.
  • It ruined my launch control. I used to be able to launch smoothly every time but now it just lights up the rear tires. I figured a way around it though as you can see in the video.
  • I needs to be $500 less expensive.

I think the car will be faster once fall arrives and I will report back with a new video then.

I got that draggy for my wife, i thought she would love it since she's always talking about how fast her Kia Stinger GT2 is... (It is fast)... but she STILL hasn't used it. I guess I'll need to use it in my R8. I think it's so cool.

Reactions: NYG

·
Registered
2017 R8 Performance
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
arent they both 2500? Cant DS1 just do a simple plug and play tune without map switching? I am in the same boat as yo. Do not need map switching just need a simple tune for 93 debating which route to go
The VF is $500 cheaper. You should buy a Dragy and do before and after testing. Do 60-130 runs and 1/4 mile runs. The time of the 1/4 mile doesn't matter it's the trap speed you are going to be looking for.

DRAGY LINK

·
Registered
81 Posts
This will only apply to a few folks on here but If you live in CA, being able to flash at home is handy come smog check time. Just had to sort all that out on my tuned S5 and flashing at home saves a couple of trips to the shop (along w a few $).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts