Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Very common in cars that have large side bolsters in their sport seats. Mine are showing a bit of wear already. I try to hold myself up with the steering wheel as I get in, so I don't rub it with my belt and belt loops.

I know guys that have a rule of not wearing blue jeans when driving their car, just for that reason. I had to re-cover my NSX seats because if it after about 10 years.

Mt

·
Registered
180 Posts
DH just read me an article in one of his mags, it is the #1 complaint with the interior. I will find out which mag it was in...he gets so many:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
If my girlfriend insists on wearing jeans with sharp studs etc. I have her sit on a coat or some protection. :)NEW rule...No jeans..I like that. I will continue to enter veh. as carefully as possible to save that bolster corner. A little dye might be needed soon.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
If my girlfriend insists on wearing jeans with sharp studs etc. I have her sit on a coat or some protection. :)NEW rule...No jeans.
Buttons on rear pant pockets are a problem too - unbutton before entering! :)
we could go a lot of places with this...

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I put my right hand on the wheel (left drive) and my left hand palm-down over the bolster before I lower/slide myself into the car. This after seeing wear starting on the bolster in the TT after ~11K miles.

(And, I do wear jeans in the car; enjoyment before obsessive behavior, I guess ;) )

(The MkII TT has the same seats as the R8, but mine are standard leather vs. the softer Nappa leather in my R8).

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
gsmps...you are right.Those rear buttons for rear flaps should be removed.Rivets can be pretty damaging also. I guess matching racing suits would look pretty strange at a Dennys' restaurant. What part of the planet are you from?

·
Registered
92 Posts
gsmps...you are right.Those rear buttons for rear flaps should be removed.Rivets can be pretty damaging also. I guess matching racing suits would look pretty strange at a Dennys' restaurant. What part of the planet are you from?

I wear some nice jeans on a daily basis and not one pair has any metal on the rear pockets, so its never been a concern of mine causing wear on the seat getting in or out

·
Registered
226 Posts
on dress slacks, I tend to tear the left back button right off, almost every time. I just forget.

My tan color leather seat has become half blue, thanks to Levi 501's.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here in sunny California, I wear almost nothing but board shorts and I insist on the ladies wearing only thongs though I have allowed a few in one pieces.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I tried Desperado's suggestion of putting the left hand on the bolster when sliding in. I was surprised, the abrasion actually hurt, no wonder it tears up your seats. I think I'll do it more, it does stop it. Problem is with the steering wheel in your right hand and you left hand on the bolster, what do you do with the keys?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Stinkin' side bolster! It is obtrusive. I try like heck to stay off of it as much as possible. It appears the leather prefers to be avoided rather than rubbed across. This is the premium leather package?? An extra patch of protection would have been nice.Maybe the alcantara wears better

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Stinkin' side bolster! It is obtrusive. I try like heck to stay off of it as much as possible. It appears the leather prefers to be avoided rather than rubbed across. This is the premium leather package?? An extra patch of protection would have been nice.Maybe the alcantara wears better
Alcantara does wear better but I think the seats still have leather bolsters.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
On my supercharged R 10 I will ask for Alcantara Bolsters

1 - 20 of 27 Posts