Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried putting on Dymags on their R8? Will they have the exact offsets, do you guys know what is the exact offsets up the front? Is the additional 0.5 inch up the front affecting the drive, they don't have 8.5J, only 9J?

They are pricy (esp not knowing the tax implications) and I can only get it by mail order thus I don't want to f**k this up (if I am getting).

·
Registered
439 Posts
Offsets are 42mm front and 50mm rear. However, the brake calipers are unusually large, so you have to be very careful about brake clearance at the wheel spokes. It's probably not safe to buy aftermarket wheels for this car unless they have actually been test fitted by someone to insure adequate clearances.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips!

That's the thing. I don't want to buy something around GBP 5,000 and found out it, by the way, doesn't fit.

·
Registered
439 Posts
You might want to check out O.Z. Racing wheels (made in Italy). They have four models that will fit the R8: Botticelli III, Raffaello III, Galileo III, and Superleggera III.

Two of these have forged centers (Botticelli and Superleggera). The Botticelli is a bit lighter, but the Superleggera looks more like the factory wheel.

I am using the Superleggera for my winter wheels. They look great, the offsets are within 1mm of the factory wheels, and they come in the exact widths of the factory wheels.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never really an OZ fan. (They are good wheels but just not my cup of tea)

17 lbs for a 20", not sure if the OZ are lighter. The main reason is, really, that the way the carbon with the white matches my car very well.

check this out http://www.dymag.com/index2_e.html

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
hmp10 -

Do your O.Z. wheels have adapter rings? Are those OK to deal with? Do you notice the weight difference between the stock wheels and the O.Z. wheels when the tires are mounted on them? (both when you lift a wheel to put it on and when driving)

mt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just a performance wheel update claim. From a Dymag distributor site: ".... Carbon Magnesium Car Wheel - Summary The performance gain achieved by reducing the wheel mass (Un-sprung Mass) can be quantified using a factor of six. This means that to achieve the same performance gain by reducing the body mass, it is necessary to remove six times the wheel weight saving.

Example: A saving of 2Kg Per Wheel x 4 Wheels = Removing 48 Kg from the Bodywork.

In some instances, Dymag's Carbon Mag wheels have reduced the wheel weight by up to 5Kg per wheel, which equates to saving 120Kg from the bodywork to get the same performance advantage. ...." see, http://www.rotaryart.uk.com/acatalog/Dymag_Carbon_Fibre_Wheels_18.html

Hum, a potential 264 lbs, that's not insignificant. Still awfully costly however.

Cheers

·
Registered
978 Posts
We have a set in stock and will be fitting them next week to the customers car. I can say with no hesitation that these are the very nicest wheels I've seen for the R8 to date.

The fronts (19x9) are 17.25 lbs and the rears (19x11) are 19.35 lbs...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts