Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's to a new year, lets hope 2022 leaves 2021 in its smoke! To start the year off we at EBC Brakes would like to give you car enthusiasts the chance of winning one free set of pads (front or rear) for any vehicle of your choice. One randomly selected forum member can choose any pad from our entire range.

To enter for your chance to win, I would like you to share with us what you believe has been the number one mod/upgrade you have made to your vehicle that everyone should do?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st February 2022 and details will be posted on this forum within a few days of the closing date.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
351 Posts
The best modification I've done so far is the VF Engineering tune for both the Engine and the R-tronic Transmission. It caused a noticeable improvement in both.

But the upgrade I'm most looking forward to is a new exhaust. It's likely that mod will move to the top of the list once installed.

Reactions: EBC Brakes

·
Registered
43 Posts
For my 2007 Gen 1, upgrading the infotainment system was a must so now I have bluetooth, apple car play and android auto. Still have kept the original interface just in case.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The best thing I've done to my R8 RWS is a PPF on the whole car.

I know it's expensive, but I drove 1000 miles after buying the car without one and already got noticeable rock chips. After paint correction and PPF, I drove another 3000 miles and the car still looks flawless.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Best upgrade I did to my R8 was an AntiGravity battery that @Ape Factory helped me source.

My engine cranks/starts up much easier than before, and the weight savings (lifting the new battery into place made me grin) is definitely worth it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Couple of must do upgrades; bonus they don't affect the warranty:

• PPF the whole car
  • add anti buffeting device
  • add front splitter

·
Registered
2008 R8 V8 RTronic
49 Posts
Titanium Rev9 exhaust that bellows is the best mod and a must have for any R8. Let that baby sing. . . !

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm sure that we all know the first and most noticeable mod for the Gen1's at least is the exhaust. These things sound like a vacuum cleaner from the factory. That being said, the best mod I've done to my Gen1 thus far has been to install a Pioneer DMH-WT7600NEX floating screen HU and ditch the factory MMI garbage. This single upgrade completely transforms the interior of the car in regards to user interaction and general usefulness. Although the screen is floating, its overall design matches and flows well with the interior and really updates the whole experience. For road trips, or even general driving its amazing to have WAZE up and running on the big screen giving you all the info you'd ever need, and wireless CarPlay has been flawless.

Although its not for everyone, I'd hope people seek a car out that has it installed and get to know the experience in person before judging solely based on pictures.

- Travis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts