·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
looks nifty

Thought about doing this but as long as you keep your hands at "9 and 3" it's a non-issue. What I'd rather have is paddles on column (like in my GT-R) rather than paddles on wheel This way you always know where they are but hey that's a topic for another day. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks nifty

Thought about doing this but as long as you keep your hands at "9 and 3" it's a non-issue. What I'd rather have is paddles on column (like in my GT-R) rather than paddles on wheel This way you always know where they are but hey that's a topic for another day. :)
I have the same gripe. Much better feel, quality, and placement on the GT-R. Still can't get over how Audi uses plastic paddles. On the GT-R, they're made out of magnesium with some thin leather trim and have a positive engagement action that travels about 3/4 of an inch. In the R8, it just feels like hitting a really small electronic button that's recessed behind a flimsy piece of plastic. They should have taken a cue from the Huracan, which has a way better shift paddle situation than the R8.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have the same gripe. Much better feel, quality, and placement on the GT-R. Still can't get over how Audi uses plastic paddles. On the GT-R, they're made out of magnesium with some thin leather trim and have a positive engagement action that travels about 3/4 of an inch. In the R8, it just feels like hitting a really small electronic button that's recessed behind a flimsy piece of plastic. They should have taken a cue from the Huracan, which has a way better shift paddle situation than the R8.
Totally agree with you
I had something worse on my SLK55AMG though

·
Registered
90 Posts
ECS Tuning just released some carbon fiber paddle shifters for the S3. I'm fairly certain that the Base R8 paddle shifters are the same shape as the S3's. I don't have an R8 to try these out on yet, but I'll give them a go when my car shows up. For any of you Base model owners, it may be worth a shot.

Paddle Shifter Extension Set - Carbon Fiber
There is a difference with the paddles between a base and a plus??

·
Registered
310 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts