Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one taken a look at Edmunds' TMV for a used R8? It's appraising the R8 (all options, 3000 miles as an example) under 100k. Now, we all ageee that the hype is gone for R8, but are these truly indicative prices?

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I put in my options and the TMV came in at $136,250, which is $5K less than I paid. There was no place for mileage.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put in my options and the TMV came in at $136,250, which is $5K less than I paid. There was no place for mileage.

Try this link:

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2008/audi/r8/100866765/options.html?tmvaction=vdpresult

Criteria I put in:
- 2008 R8 6-speed
- All options selected
- 3000 miles
- "Clean" condition
- Zip code of 77007
- Gray colour

Price report gave back the following for someone looking to buy:

Trade in: $83,248
Private party: $89,776
Retail: $95,259
Certified used: $98,480

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try this link:

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2008/audi/r8/100866765/options.html?tmvaction=vdpresult

Criteria I put in:
- 2008 R8 6-speed
- All options selected
- 3000 miles
- "Clean" condition
- Zip code of 77007
- Gray colour

Price report gave back the following for someone looking to buy:

Trade in: $83,248
Private party: $89,776
Retail: $95,259
Certified used: $98,480
Well, if you are concerned, I am sure it would easily sell for any of the quoted prices. I have yet to see any used R8 go for under 6 figures!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Edmunds not accurate

Sites like Edmunds/KBB rely on data extrapolated from large numbers of transactions for cars that are in abundance. A 2006 Camry with 31k miles... they'll do an excellent job. For an R8, however, there haven't been nearly enough sales for these guys to give any real numbers. The best guage for used pricing is to ask a dealer what they would retail a similar car for and deduct 5% - 8% or so. There are many available cars around but I dont see any of them selling for under $100k. More than likely, Edmunds is using data from cars with similar MSRP's as a "best guess".

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I sent an email inquiry to Edmunds and asked them why the TMV was so low on the R8. They told me to take MSRP less 5% for market pricing on the R8. They said it is so unique it does not fit their normal used car model.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, if you are concerned, I am sure it would easily sell for any of the quoted prices. I have yet to see any used R8 go for under 6 figures!
No concern from my side. In fact, these prices make me think that the smart move is to pick up a slightly used R8! I have a deposit on a new one, but since the hype is no longer there, the price is only going downhill from here. Especially since the V10 is almost upon us....

I think MSRP *.95% is probably a good negotiation starting point, given what I have seen on Autotrader.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen a few.
There is (or was) a silver one that is sitting at 99k. It does however, have a "high" 13k miles. Given that it is an Audi with a RS4 engine, does 13k miles count as even remotely high??? :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
There is (or was) a silver one that is sitting at 99k. It does however, have a "high" 13k miles. Given that it is an Audi with a RS4 engine, does 13k miles count as even remotely high??? :D

13k is nothing to the engine.
The problem is the expectation of buyers in this segment that has been hit harder than most. 13k seems like a lot to someone who is about to pay nearly 100k on a mostly pleasure vehicle.
You should check out the f car forums... There is much more hand wringing there about the precipitous drop in high end car prices in both the new and used markets!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cars are rarely investments, but even that being said, the value of my R8 is still holding better than my stock portfolio!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts