Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
New update today :mad: looks like the AC compressor is bad Tech thinks it was over charging system with pressure and that's why the line blew. Looks like cars going to be in the shop for about 2 weeks. Total engine removal. Adjuster wont be out till Monday at earliest to approve job. Was told labor alone will be around 4 grand.

Should i be worried about my entire car being apart? Good news is my tech told me before if he ever had to remove the bumper he could fix my exhaust noise issue as it was bumping something i believe the bumper and making a noise when i hit bumps.

Does anyone know if the new compressor fixes the issue of them breaking maybe a newer design? I also remember someone on here saying Warranty company tried to charge them $500 for screens for the AC saying they where a filter or some sort has anyone else had this problem? TIA

4 years seem very early for one to die or have problems.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Sorry to hear of your woes, hopefully, though, the warranty will come good. Replacing the compressor unfortunately doesn't prevent it from happening again.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Hummmmm ! Having to replace a compressor that is producing to much pressure ? I would be tempted to say it is a control issue if this is the case.

Anyone know if the compressor is centrifugal or reciprocating?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine also died (14’ V8, 30k miles). Fidelity approved compressor replacement. Supposed to get car back on Friday. Been in the shop since 7/2. Allegedly, it is 47 hours of labor and the compressor is ~$3k. But, thought would let you know mine also only 4 years old...

New update today
looks like the AC compressor is bad Tech thinks it was over charging system with pressure and that's why the line blew. Looks like cars going to be in the shop for about 2 weeks. Total engine removal. Adjuster wont be out till Monday at earliest to approve job. Was told labor alone will be around 4 grand.

Should i be worried about my entire car being apart? Good news is my tech told me before if he ever had to remove the bumper he could fix my exhaust noise issue as it was bumping something i believe the bumper and making a noise when i hit bumps.

Does anyone know if the new compressor fixes the issue of them breaking maybe a newer design? I also remember someone on here saying Warranty company tried to charge them $500 for screens for the AC saying they where a filter or some sort has anyone else had this problem? TIA

4 years seem very early for one to die or have problems.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts