Audi R8 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 2009 R8 engine compartment totally changed to Carbon Fiber trim. I have no place to store or use for the plastic components. Includes fire wall,both sides,cover (with FSI),both side pieces and air filter box. I want to sell it as a package. This was removed with only 350 miles on the vehicle so it is practically new. I am open to all offers. Dealer says all components new are around $5000. Email [email protected]. I can ship anywhere but I would expect buyer to pay for shipping. I can provide photos if desired but it so new I saw no need. Location Washington -USA

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Interested to know: Did you redo the eng. comp. with OEM carbon fiber parts or after-market? In either case, what was the parts cost, if you don't mind saying? If after-market, what was your source?

Interesting that the original, non-carbon parts come to $5000! Makes the "exchange" cost of the factory carbon fiber parts theoretically about $8500. That's why I wonder what you have to pay for the parts after you buy the car. Of course we're mixing retail parts prices and internal costs here, but still, that carbon fiber stuff is dear!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No- it was Porsche parts- just went to through the dealer and he ordered parts- I waited a few weeks for all to come in. They never broke out the parts cost to me- sorry. Yes that was just retail over the counter numbers. All I can say it the total was around $ 6K. It truely is beautiful isn't anything worthwhile costly?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry- sent the reply too quick-- not Porsche parts- just sold mine and used to typing that I guess- they were Audi parts- I think PPI is the fabricator for Audi though

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Ordering the engine bay in CF was $3400 when I placed my order.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Yes, and the CF blades are $2300 when ordered with the car. Both a real "deal" compared with purchasing after delivery!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Still looking for C.F. toilet seat.About as necessary as engine bay but would be used every day!! Good luck keeping that endgine bay looking pristine.It has to be one of the most beutiful engine bays out there. High gloss ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remember part of the joy of owning this car is having it the way you want it. I ordered the toilet seat but the hinges were on back order. The CF is high gloss and really cleans easily with a simple cloth wipe and warm water. With all the other CF it is a great blend. Also I got a GREAT price on the vehicle. I am just concentrating on enjoying this beautiful machine and its performance. I waited 40 years for this privelege. Cost sometimes doesn't enter into ones decision- for example buying insulin.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.