Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I am wondering if should I use fuel additives on my V10 plus or stick with top tier gas? Any thoughts if is worth spending on fuel additives to keep engine clean from carbon residue?
Any fuel chemist or engineer input appreciated. :D

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Fuels additives won't unfortunately help with carbon build up. You're better off just using premium fuel and having a walnut blasting done at some point.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And drive it like you stole it as often as you can!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you but I can't, last time I drove it like I stole it I ended up committing Assault and battery causing serious bodily injury to the owner of the car. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure about Gen I cars, but I do know that the Gen II R8s have both direct and port fuel injection. I really like that because that means a high quality additive like Techron will help to keep the valves cleaner. My Porsche is DI only and I wonder about the condition of carbon build up on the valves.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its confusing all the information out there, so does it work or not? I just noticed that when I use Premium from top tier gas station the engine on my 981 and Stinger run smoothly and more powerfully but did not notice any change on my R8....:confused:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Gen 2 shouldn’t suffer from this with the dual injection system. Things like Techron aren’t going to hurt anything and do help keep things clean like injectors and fuel sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Its confusing all the information out there, so does it work or not? I just noticed that when I use Premium from top tier gas station the engine on my 981 and Stinger run smoothly and more powerfully but did not notice any change on my R8....:confused:
You don't say which generation your car is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts