Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas I just acquired a black R8 4.2 with cf sideblades. I really craved over the V10 but I live in Turkey and the prices due to the taxes are so high from the rest of the world. Let me give you an example and this is no BS. I got my car, a standard R8 V8 with a few options for 268,000 Euros. I had a 997 Carrera 4 and that cost me about 186,000 Euros. I think you get the picture, the V10 isn't on the market right now but it's price is estimated to be around 350,000 Euros in Turkey.
Anyways I was wondering if there's a way to have my engine lights turned on while driving. It'd be so cool night time but I couldn't find any info on that. If it's not possible do you think I should have someone to put a switch in the car for the lights or should I just let it go?

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
This topic has been covered. The only way known so far is to turn your overhead cabin lights on. This will illuminate the bay as well.

Welcome to R8Talk and congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
You won't like the glare off the back glass . visibility would be worsened.

·
Registered
761 Posts
You won't like the glare off the back glass . visibility would be worsened.
Yes that's true but in Turkey it doesn't matter (I worked there for 5-6 years, I got to know the people quite a bit.), people just want to look cool. :):cool:

We were in Greece a week ago, it was same. Now in Beirut, it's the same times 10. Next's Istanbul and I know it will be the same. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I just found the covered topic thanks anyways. but hey it does look cool and if it didn't effect visibility you'd do it too right? and besides I already got the coolest car so I think i can do without the lights

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i want it too but at the previous discussion board some guys talked about a code or something any word on that? it may be illegal in us but i don't think the dealers here will care about that as long as they're paid. honestly i think you can even bribe the PM in this country.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
when i eventually get mine Star, i will defo be doing this upgrade.....
Haha, pushing a button on your roof is an upgrade?

yeah i want it too but at the previous discussion board some guys talked about a code or something any word on that? it may be illegal in us but i don't think the dealers here will care about that as long as they're paid. honestly i think you can even bribe the PM in this country.
nope, no code found for it so far. Easier just to turn the light on

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Just cover your cabin lights with tape that's easy to remove. Tape is cheap so you can cover and uncover the cabin lights as needed.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Hi Star

how can you keep the engine bay lights on whilst driving?
I think you'll discover that nobody's been able to make this work. It's been searched in the coding and doesn't appear to be something that can be done.
The only way, as mentioned, is via the interior lights being turned on.

btw - you may want to check dates on threads - this one's been dead for about 4 years now. I seriously doubt you'll get a response from Star. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have posted this on another thread... You can re wire the engine bay lights to the number plate lights. That way they would turn on all the time with your numberplate lights... No error codes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts