Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my car about a month ago I noticed there was a definite step in the engine response at around 3800-4000rpm as if someone has switched on the turbo. I didn't noticed this before with the RS4. Initially I thought it is due to the new engine bedding in but it is still here after about 1500km. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Correct. It does give the car a bit of a Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde character.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Had mine chipped, now better than the RS4 - much lower responce and torque curve flattened

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not sure on cost - mine was the guinea pig car, so required stripping out to do the mapping. You can now go to Superchips (Buckingham HQ) and get it done through the diagnostic port, so no stripping involved. Guess £300-£400 - well worth it.

The car is so much better and you can see that from the Audi UK rolling road results. Brings in the torque at 3,500 rather than 4,500 rpm, so loses that flat spot.

Can't imagine why Audi didn't sort the engine out like the RS4 before release.

By the way, after my car had been at Audi UK for 5 weeks, I found several bolts loose!!! (hand tight) - sorted by my local friendly bodyshop. Unbelievable!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts