Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here are some pics of the finished R8 project, looks awesome. took the pics while at enkahnz bodyshop, real headturner:D will get some proffesional photos taken and post them. picture quality isnt the best i only had a cheap camera. im looking for a lower front bumper spoiler any recommendations where i can purchase one from??

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Yikes...Does this look nice. What was the approximate cost of the paint job?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yikes...Does this look nice. What was the approximate cost of the paint job?
it cost around a £1000. painted and polished wheels, black stripe, black side blades and front and rear bumper grills.. they had to remove the bumpers to get the grills out, very time consuming. but was put back perfectly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am sorry but it looks like a skunk.
:)maybe if it was black with a white stripe yes.. need some proper pics to give it justice. we got bombarded with R8s around our region. i thght i go for a change be a bit a bit more unique and individual. did the job, wow does it turn heads:D

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Stunning work !!!!!! I am in the process of doing the exact same thing to my wheels so they stay cleaner looking longer. You beat me to thepunch on this one. I purchased a front spoiler from P.P.I. and will install it real soon. I also have other mods which should interest you. I may not be allowed on the Cal. Laguna Seca track because of the Miltech exhaust I installed. It is a cat-back set-up which I am told is good for almost 20 H.P. can anyone set me straight about this sound issue?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stunning work !!!!!! I am in the process of doing the exact same thing to my wheels so they stay cleaner looking longer. You beat me to thepunch on this one. I purchased a front spoiler from P.P.I. and will install it real soon. I also have other mods which should interest you. I may not be allowed on the Cal. Laguna Seca track because of the Miltech exhaust I installed. It is a cat-back set-up which I am told is good for almost 20 H.P. can anyone set me straight about this sound issue?
thanx:) awesome i love to know what mods you have in mind? well you have beat me to the front spoiler harrison were even stevens:D. i never thought about the exhaust thought the standard r8 was ok, but now that you have mentioned the 20 hp lets bring it on. let me know where i can purchase all these extras?
keep my car with a black stripe on a for a bit then paint it back to silver when i get bored of it i was just being wild.. get the wheels done harrison they seriously look hot !!! when you done the mods post some pics pls...

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Well buds I am going to have to scan and post brochures I picked up from PPI directly in Germany. You can register with their website and you will feel like a kid in a candy store.The dollar is strong and the Euro is falling (last I heard) Pay no shipping or taxes and you won't feel so bad dishing out the bucks for this stuff that shoulda came on the car already ...considering the cost of veh. BUT there are those folks that feel the R 8 is just the most awesome thing even stock as a ROCK ! BUT NOT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Mr Geffer in the U.K. : See The pics of Enkahnzs' alloys . I saw a pic in an exotic car magazine with ONLY the extreme outer lip still being silver. Now I am not sure yet whether to BLACKEN the whole wheel, Keep just the lip silver or do 'em up like Enkahnzs'. You guys in the U.K. have had the R 8 longer over there it seems. I am even considering blackening the roof - but a carbon fiber look would be killer too I.M.O. (in my opinion) I'll bet we really piss some people off with some of our ideas! I also think that my side blades (C.F.) should extend from bottom of car to black vents at rear engine cover.Also I wish I could drive around at night with the engine bay illuminated. These are all Ideas I hope my new friends at this website will (almost) all appreciate

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mr Geffer in the U.K. : See The pics of Enkahnzs' alloys . I saw a pic in an exotic car magazine with ONLY the extreme outer lip still being silver. Now I am not sure yet whether to BLACKEN the whole wheel, Keep just the lip silver or do 'em up like Enkahnzs'. You guys in the U.K. have had the R 8 longer over there it seems. I am even considering blackening the roof - but a carbon fiber look would be killer too I.M.O. (in my opinion) I'll bet we really piss some people off with some of our ideas! I also think that my side blades (C.F.) should extend from bottom of car to black vents at rear engine cover.Also I wish I could drive around at night with the engine bay illuminated. These are all Ideas I hope my new friends at this website will (almost) all appreciate
i appreciate your ideas harrison;) carbon fibre style roof and the neons in the engine bay will look awesome (i.m.o). i think with the side blades you should get a graphic designer to do you a computer generated picture to see how it may look before you get it done.....sounds good tho !!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts