Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At recent car show in Pomona Ca. 99% of the thousands of people had no clue what the R8 is === STILL . We own a rarer car than most of us realize. But I noticed that a few dudes with the most awesome chicks dragged themselves away from my R8 pretending it was not there. The rest of the folks BOMBARDED me with questions,about the car and insurance. Fortunately I had assistance handing out goody bags ,business cards, and answering questions. I thought the Concorso crowd went wild with interest , but Pomona was even MORE rediculous. Maybe some people will become clients just to be able to say...MY agent drives an awesome R8 ! Life is what you make it and life is good. Thank you my brothers. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have only had my Ibis White with C/F V10 a couple of weeks, but have been dazzled with the response to it. Everywhere I go I find people crowded around it, taking pics. While driving, I am bombarded with comments from the sidewalks and from other cars. I sure as hell cannot go anywhere incognito, but that is kind of fun sometimes.
Yesterday I happened to be driving past a concert venue in town. Must have been a rapper on later, judging from who was in the huge crowd arriving early. While approaching the venue, two of those gigantic stretched Escalade limo's came up beside me and down went the windows. Cameras out, really nice comments and compliments about the R8. As I drove by the actual venue, the crowd started to point, and then cheer. All kinds of calls out about how cool the car was and people taking pics.
A yellow 430 convertible also cruised past to admiring glances, but the shouts and crazed response were for the R8.
In my personal opinion, this may be the most beautiful car I have ever seen, and I think the White with C/F is the most attention-getting of all.
Mine was at the dealer along with a solid black with C/F (a combo I had considered) for a few days and a friend who works there said the pics being taken were about 5 to 1 for the White.
I know that when seeing the two together I thought the black was beautiful, but the White was stunning.
Anyway, I agree with you. People are rightly dazzled with the R8's looks. I have yet to see one I didn't think looked fantastic.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
I made this post about 11 months ago when my car was only about 3 months old.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232443

It's sort of the opposite of this thread, but in a strange way it fits too.

Give it a read and anyone that owns an R8 will appreciate it.

I now carry a camera with me or have my cell phone at the ready. Some of the pix have been great.

Beware of the Parking Lot Inquisition!!! :D
Fight back against the Cell-Phone-Stalkeratzi - take their picture! :cool:

I must admit that it's nice to live in a fairly small community. People are used to seeing me all the time and the attention that my car draws, at least around here, has dropped some. (now if we could only get the guys with the lights on top of their cars to ignore me...) I'm not accosted at the gas station nearly as much as I used to be.

I will always be gracious and courteous to anyone that comes up to me and wants to ask questions, talk or take pictures. There's no reason to be a **** about it. I am tired of the idiot (usually in a Mustang, heavily modified Honda or Subaru WRX - most of them with LOUD exhaust systems) that has to come up next to me and rev their engine.

I usually put my hands over my ears, look at them and yell "THAT'S TOO LOUD!" Yea, sometimes I can be a little bit of a ****... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
right on!
save me from tuner Subarus with 19 yr. old drivers
ought to be a new DWI: driving under the influence of excess testosterone;)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ignored... as by the boyfreind who scurried his girlfreind away/off because the girlfreind might do anything to get a ride. :) I 'll let any cool person sit in it . I made a few peoples day on Sundays' show and shine. Mostly owners of other Audi models...to let them get an R8 experience. This is a very rare case, to be ignored, (come to think of it the cutie looked like an old girlfreind, Chocolate brown with two large dimples on her lower back). But on the road, that is a different story. I get equally ignored on the road sometimes. Maybe they are just scared? On the way home from Monterey, I had the door shut on me by a few arshlowes. You know the type,they just won't let you pass even though they are driving a small pick-up. I have a low key color and still I get Gawked at as if I were in a Yellow Lambo. It's all good. :)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're right. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts