Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
The best review i've read! And, for me, EVO reviews are the only ones that count for me!
I agree it seems to be quite a positive review ... and I do think EVO are fairly well respected.
Superb! The even liked the steering!!
Indeed ... while I'm sure some purists will still say the R8 steering is not good enough and ... that there is more and better feedback in a 911 ... although I feel pretty sure there will be enough feedback to know whats going on at the front ... which is the most important thing surely ... :confused:

Maybe you won't be able to 'feel' every change in the road surface ... but I will be happy to have enough feel to know whats going on at the front, without 'feeling' all the little changes in road surface ... it would make the steering just a bit 'too busy' for my own personal taste ... but I'm sure others will want more feedback ... maybe some will want less.

Difference of opinion ... makes the world a more interesting place ... :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
I agree it seems to be quite a positive review ... and I do think EVO are fairly well respected.
Here in The Netherlands EVO is also considered as one of the best and objective magazines!

Indeed ... while I'm sure some purists will still say the R8 steering is not good enough and ... that there is more and better feedback in a 911 ... although I feel pretty sure there will be enough feedback to know whats going on at the front ... which is the most important thing surely ... :confused:

Maybe you won't be able to 'feel' every change in the road surface ... but I will be happy to have enough feel to know whats going on at the front, without 'feeling' all the little changes in road surface ... it would make the steering just a bit 'too busy' for my own personal taste ... but I'm sure others will want more feedback ... maybe some will want less.

Difference of opinion ... makes the world a more interesting place ... :)
I agree that superdirect steering is a must when driving on the circuit or a rallystage. But the Audi steering is less direct but has enough feeling and it will make the driving far more relaxed. I think Audi made the right choice, it's a balance between good steeringfeel and to be able to drive it every day (and relaxed).

My Lancer EVO steers superdirect for example, as a rallycar that's a big plus. But before we turned it into a rallycar it was my daily roadcar, and then the superdirect steering is very intensive on the speedway for example or a bad road.

I'm glad that the steering is not too direct!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts