Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the EVOSMSit ecu software of V-Flow intake system? I'm considering having it installed on my car and I wanted any feedback if anyone has any. Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can't find anything about the R8 on EVOMS webpage.
Where did u got that info? I would love to know more about it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Evolution Motorsports after I heard that they had developed an ECU upgrade for our car. They just released the V-Flow last week. they claim 28hp and 21 ft / lbs of torque at the wheels for the ecu upgrade and the intake. they mentioned that driveability is significantly improved with the ecu and intake upgrade. I can send you the marketing sheet if you give me your email. I might take my car in this week to get it installed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I called Evolution Motorsports after I heard that they had developed an ECU upgrade for our car. They just released the V-Flow last week. they claim 28hp and 21 ft / lbs of torque at the wheels for the ecu upgrade and the intake. they mentioned that driveability is significantly improved with the ecu and intake upgrade. I can send you the marketing sheet if you give me your email. I might take my car in this week to get it installed.
Can you post the dyno chart???

Affect on warranty??

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
By V flow are you referring to the intake flow.The sort of thing you check to verify improvements from changes such as filters and exhaust mods.Would the bigger V10 sideblades affect this as well ? I know that at speed the New blades should scoop some extra air.:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it's their V-flow intake system. I have a pdf file that contains the dyno chart for the v-flow intake and the v-flow intake with ecu upgrade. How can I post that file? Or can I email it someone to post? Let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just remember that the graph that you posted only includes the ECU remap. Their website does not list the graph that contains both the ECU remap and intake combo. I have that from the EVOMSit brochure.

·
Administrator
6,215 Posts
So has anyone gone with this? Not looking to do an ECU remap, yet, But this air kit seems pretty nice. Wondering how easy the install is?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
This kit looks loke a PPI clone.Very easy install.The PPI venturis are teflon coated.:)

·
Administrator
6,215 Posts
Thanks, Before I order I want to check out the PPI so sent them an email. how much is there system?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I beleive I paid close to 500.00 U.S. The filters are gauze type made in Italy.The manifolds are the TRICK peices.:)

·
Administrator
6,215 Posts
$500? Is that just for the filters or the whole kit that EVOMS sells?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The kit. Filters,manifolds,clamps:)

·
Administrator
6,215 Posts
Wow, Thanks. Thats a lot cheaper than EVOMS $1,600. I sent PPI an email so will wait to find out current price

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I made my purchase in Germany when I was there in October.Paid cash (EUROS).Brought them back in my luggage. Paid no taxes...Pretty much smuggled 'em into the U.S. undeclared !!! Try speaking/communicating with Sener Taniolu at PPI , Germany (in Weinblingen). Sener knows me as JANER. (my last name).He helped me save money ,maybe he can help other forum members as well. :)

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
OEMPL.us shows the PPI filter for $945. They also have a PPI Carbon Airbox (w/window) with the filters for $4,795.
http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_81_132&products_id=594

"Air Filter - 4.2L FSI

$945.00
If you'd like to get some better breathing for your R8, this pair of tuned air filters developed by PPI will do the job.

Model: 0R8.300.410.042
Units in Stock: Special Order Item Click Here for Special Order Details
Manufactured by: PPI Design"

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Had I known what I now know, I would have tried to purchase the manifolds alone and purchased filters of my choice.THE FILTERS ARE UNIVERSAL.And can be purchased quite reasonably. The manifolds are the complex parts.Someday these parts will be available from other countries and at dirt cheap prices...right now the R8 is still so new...The manufacturers have us by the SHORT HAIRS !! :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts