Audi R8 Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
the tubi does sound good on the rs4 if these vids are anything to go by (if you are irritated by slow shifting, probably best not to watch these):

outside:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A39nzC9fkmg

inside:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=plyuQpZuzfs
(just in case a RS4 Owner reads this)

There are several versions of the RS4 Tubi Exhaust. The one recommenced for the UK is the rear section only. So the std centre silencers are kept.

They now also supply oval tips, like OEM

·
Vendor
293 Posts
I have noticed that our system has not been mentioned much around here, which is too bad since I would rank it up there with the best. Please take the following post as a PSA, and let me know if you have any questions.

The AWE Tuning R8 V8 SwitchPath and R8 V10 SwitchPath systems utilize an electronically operated valve which is controlled by a button hidden just above the climate controls. The systems are made 100% in house by a single fabricator's hands on an extremely detailed fixture taking into account all tolerances in the rear of the vehicle, and takes roughly 40hrs to complete from start to finish due to the complexity and level of detail that you would expect from a piece at their respective price points. When completed, the SwitchPath systems for all R8s is one piece, taking guesswork out of an already lengthy installation and guaranteeing perfect fitment. All AWE Tuning products as well as all other all other brands that we carry are currently 10% off as part of our Holiday Special pricing, which runs until January 7th.

Now, for the sound-

V10 SwitchPath

V8 SwitchPath

For V8 owners who like it loud, we also offer a Straight Pipe option for the R8.

If you have any questions about either of the systems or anything else for that matter, please do not hesitate to reach out!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is there a straight pipe option for the V10 as well?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Thanks for the exhaust You Tube posts.

Great way for comparison.

One thing I have learned though is the camera does take away some of the real life sound and can alter the tone quite dramatically.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice exhaust and good linear sound .. Did anyone notice that you could still hear the birds over the sound of the exhaust at full rev !! Hmmm....I wonder

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Guys !!

I noticed that nobody has mentioned about installing the New V10 Kreissieg exhaust yet.

Here is a first look at the R8 V10 Kreissieg Exhaust i ordered from japan that is being installed as of this moment in NEW DELHI, INDIA.

Gotta love those flamed tips !

Shall put up videos soon because we all have wanted to hear the SOUND !!

Cheers !

BHARAT

Attachments

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
HI, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable. I have owned several r8s and just bought a 2014 v10 stronic. I installed a Stasis exhaust and chip on my 2012 and liked the performance and sound. After getting the '14 I asked Jack w/ Stasis about an exhaust and he said they had developed a new system with a gate which integrates with Sport button for either a loud or not so loud exhaust tone. He also said they have tuned the exhaust to sound more "Ferrari like" with less drone. I thought this might be good, but when I talked to my dealer about it, (they installed my last chip and exhaust) they told me Audi and Stasis aren't friendly any more and I could have some real warranty issues should it ever come up. Questions are, have you or anyone else heard about the apparent feud between Audi and the aftermarket, and is there an alternative which would provide a better exhaust sound and not upset Audi and the warranty protection?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally got the chance to full throttle in several gears the CAPRISTO X Pipe in my V10 , it has a wonderful sound, you want to rev 8000 in every gear just to hear the car , the remote control is very convenient for quiet mode. The production quality is very good. It is much louder in the open mode because it has a direct pipe design, and is quieter in the close mode because it has a big sound box. The X PIPE design has much improved acoustic dynamics pulse reflection, better than Larini or Akrapovick, which equalizes pressures in all the V10 cylinders, producing more HP and giviing a more constant note in the sound. Not any gargling, not truck like sound, but like a powerful same tone and high pitched .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am new to the Forum and i want to buy a used Exhaust System for my Audi R8 V8.

The stock exhaust just isnt doing it for me at all.

The Armytrix and STaSSis are the ones coming out on top.

Is anyone aware of anyone selling either of the above?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Hello there,

Stasis has gone out of business.

We are worldwide distributors for Armytrix. We have many customers in the Gulf and can ship to Bahrain with Fedex. We have many customers that use Audi Bahrain.

The Armytrix system is superb. Full titanium, dual box, x-pipes. Only weighs 9kg!
The remote valve controller is extremely sophisticated and can be calibrated for RPM via the throttle pedal.

We have sold many Armytrix exhausts recently. Please email us for full details.
[email protected]

Best wishes.

Hi,

I am new to the Forum and i want to buy a used Exhaust System for my Audi R8 V8.

The stock exhaust just isnt doing it for me at all.

The Armytrix and STaSSis are the ones coming out on top.

Is anyone aware of anyone selling either of the above?

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is some info on the current Capristo Exhaust setup for the R8

Audi R8 X-Pipe Exhaust System (Incl. Remote)
Our system cost is $6400.00
this includes the programmable remote system

call or email me with any questions or to place an order

Thanks
Erik Krammer
561-262-2876
[email protected]

Attachments

506 Posts
Hey Guys!

Looks like we have not been brought up either! I believe that out of the valveless exhaust system's we have the best sounding and best performing exhaust to date. For those who are looking for a blend of power and sound which the valvetronic systems do not offer, you do not need to look any further! Thanks again guys, feel free to PM me or contact us for any questions, concerns, or inquiries!

V10 Supersport X-pipe Exhaust System

V8 Supersport X-pipe Exhaust System
[video]http://www.fabspeed.com/r8-v8-supersport-x-pipe-exhaust-system/[/video]

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well I've had my Akrapovic on the car for 2 months and it's time for a comparison. I started with the Fabspeed exhaust, then to Larini valved club sport, and now Akrapovic.

Fabspeed exhaust had a nice V8 rumble, but was too muscle car for me. It wasn't loud and did not drone. Deeper sound and medium volume at full throttle. In a spyder I could have easily kept this one, but I wanted a more exotic sound and went looking elsewhere.

Larini what can I say that hasn't been said already. This exhaust has the best sound I've heard. It makes you run the throttle hard just to hear the valves open and listen. This exhaust made people stop what they were doing and listen. It turned heads and it's what an exotic V10 should sound like. It made driving an event. The problem became when you didn't want the boy racer sound. The valves dropped maybe 20% of the sound and at 75 mph it was loud. Cold start up was a real issue trying not to wake the family or neighbors. I miss the sound I don't miss the volume. If the valves actually worked this would be without a doubt THE exhaust.

Akrapovic is a true in between exhaust. With the valves open and at low rpms it has the Fabspeed V8 muscle car sound. As the revs build the sound gets sweeter and higher pitched. Very nice tune at full tilt. Medium to loud volume and good tone. It never hits the F1 high notes of the Larini maybe 85% of the way. With the valves closed is where this exhaust hits its stride. Normal driving is nearly stock maybe 10-15% louder. At 75 mph I can carry a normal conversation and it's not fatiguing. Nice stock plus 10 sound. Titanium has its own sound that's slightly colored and different in a good way. I find my self opening the valves while I accelerate and close them when I hit cruise speed. One issue I wish was better managed is when the valves are closed even under hard acceleration the sound is still quiet. It never opens up and sounds like when the valves are fully open. I find I'm opening and closing the valves manually for the best sound. Maybe my controller isn't working? Let's hope others can chime in and help with this issue or if it's normal. I had the same Akrapovic controller on the Larini and it seemed loud when I got on it even with the valves closed.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts