Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering getting the Milltek non-resonated exhausts.
Any suggestions on where to go for exhaust installation?
Here's my situation right now.

Audi dealer : Never taken apart an R8 before. Only ones that came for service were for oil changes.

Local Milltek Distributor : New shop. I think they just got the distributorship. They haven't even seen an R8 yet, but they are the only authorized shop for Milltek in Korea.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm seriously considering getting the Milltek non-resonated exhausts.
Any suggestions on where to go for exhaust installation?
Here's my situation right now.

Audi dealer : Never taken apart an R8 before. Only ones that came for service were for oil changes.

Local Milltek Distributor : New shop. I think they just got the distributorship. They haven't even seen an R8 yet, but they are the only authorized shop for Milltek in Korea.
Where are they?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are in Yong-in near the track. I don't have much information about them. They got my contact from Milltek HQ. I briefly talked to the guy over the phone, and he seemed to know a lot about the product, and was honest enough to say that he has never installed exhausts on an R8.

·
Registered
163 Posts
No one has installed the exhausts pretty much.According to the place I am thinking of getting one from milltek have made an instructional video for the dealers to show them how to install the exhaust as it is a big job.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I have a non-resonated Milltek sitting at the local Audi dealership. Their people have been to the classes and training on the R8, and they have the manuals and info to pull the whole car apart. Plus, if they break off a plastic anchor or the such they can easily repair or replace. They're also going to replace the standard Blades with Carbon Fiber Blades courtesy of our friends at Elite Carbon. If the Dealer can't do it.... who can?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm leaning towards the Audi dealer, but I really do not want to be the Guinea Pig.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I played golf with an Audi dealer yesterday who uses his R8 as his daily driver. He told be that he just purchased 2 Milltek exhausts for stock. He plans on installing the Milltek exhaust and when I asked him if his dealership could do it he said "Absolutely. My R8 Tech has been to school and knows how to do the install". I told the guy that I'll have him be the Guinee Pig and if the exhaust isn't too loud, I'll be the second install. He said the HP gain to be 30hp plus it's lighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts