Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed looking into the rear air outlets on a V10 that you can see a (vacuum operated ?) valve on the exhaust system outlet pipes.

My Ferrari 360 had two of the same type of valves and they were used to close off one outlet pipe each side at low speed / revs forcing all the gas through the entire silencer so the car would pass the (30 mph?) drive by test.

On the Ferrari you could disconnect the vacuum pipe and plug it off, then manually set the valve open. This gave a better exhaust note at start up and at low speed.

Has any one tried this free mod with the R8 ?

My V10 is not due till end 2009 / 2010 so I can't try this myself :(

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
Many did that mod on the RS4, So I'm sure it would be no problem on the R8. Mine is plugged now since I put the Stasis non valve exhaust on

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can see I am really late to the party here !!! Sorry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello!

I'm a new member here and I bought my R8 V8 last week, I have a question about the exhaust's for the R8. Which exhaust sounds best? Does anyone have any experience?

Best Regards Jure, Sweden.

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
Love the sound of my Stasis. Best part was they work with Audi and my dealer did the install.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Love the sound of my Stasis. Best part was they work with Audi and my dealer did the install.
+1. Fantastic exhaust under acceleration and working thru the gear box.I love mine.

Quite loud if you care..mine was measured at 92db whilst on the track last week going past the sound booth.(track has a 95db restriction)

As a side note a Ferrari Scuderia measured 93db

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
The Stasis is completely intoxicating to me. It seems to be the only one that gives a significantly higher pitch to the exhaust sound. I have heard others. Some are maybe louder,.. (the Stassis IS loud!), but I cannot imagine a better sound from any V8 on any car.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
but I cannot imagine a better sound from any V8 on any car.
Concur..I have heard a LOT of V8's in my life and exhaust combination's but this exhaust and this engine is one of the best.

The way it raises the pitch over the whole rev range(under load) is the piece de resistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts