Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Don't skimp on exhaust man - You drive a supercar not a Honda Accord.
Nothing to do with skimping it has to do with getting ripped off. I'm not spending $4,000+ for some mandrel bent piping with a muffler. It's a rear mounted engine so the piping distance is not very long. It doesn't involve changing cats or headers. It's ridiculous the mark up but I get it. At the end of the day it's supply and demand. It's in high demand on a low supplied vehicle. Companies manufacturer the part and want to make up their time R&D'ing the piping. There's a difference between making some money back and downright highway robbery pricing. $8,000 for an exhaust is just downright silly.

I bought my Larini exhaust for dirt cheap. Buying used helps a lot. See below I purchased this one. Saved a good amount for a quality system. Cost me less than $2,500 for the parts, the shipping, and the install combined. :cool:
https://www.r8talk.com/forums/22-sale-parts/158964-larini-valvetronic-exhaust.html

EDIT: I have a stock V10+ exhaust system sitting around now. The V10+ system is louder than the V10 base exhaust. If someone spits me an offer I'll sell that just PM me. That's a good amount less than $2,500. :)

EDIT2: Larini ain't bad it's similar priced to Remus if bought new (~3000-3500 so slightly above your $2500 listing). Deep growl down low and howls up top. Here's mine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
does anyone have the remus exhaust?
I have it. I know another member too that has it. For the price, it that is what's important, it's the best bang for the buck. Has valves to quiet it down and make it loud when you want it. I like mine and wouldn't change it for a pricier version.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have it. I know another member too that has it. For the price, it that is what's important, it's the best bang for the buck. Has valves to quiet it down and make it loud when you want it. I like mine and wouldn't change it for a pricier version.
Hey I just sent a PM

·
Registered
51 Posts
Figure, I'd bump this thread as it's been 2 years... maybe something else came to the market? Thanks!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I would check out Avior, Eurowise, etc, several now under 2K

·
Registered
812 Posts
You won’t find something with valves for under four grand probably.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Okay, I'll chine in...
Tubistyle for the win. I removed mine for Akrapovic and regret it.
Best sound and best fit-

Reactions: k3silk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone tried JTLD "chinese" exhaust? They have a valved version for 1702 Shipped to the states. Looks "good".

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'll put my Soul up to any other exhaust out there and say it sounds the best. Hands down on all of my driving club drives with (name any exotic car short of a bugatti or pagani) mine is always the fave. Drawback- no valve- so some drone- but it gives some interest to long distance cruising as the car is so refined, smooth, and boring without it. It literally sounds like a GT3 LMS R8.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I get people saying "don't skimp on cost, it's a supercar" but to counter that, the amount of piping needed from the headers to the exhaust is hilariously low, so charging above $3k for 3 feet of piping just because it's a "super car" is stupid. Yeah yeah, supercar tax, but there's a reason Soul exhausts are so popular -- they're $2k and sound great, instead of being slightly louder and costing $5k.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I get people saying "don't skimp on cost, it's a supercar" but to counter that, the amount of piping needed from the headers to the exhaust is hilariously low, so charging above $3k for 3 feet of piping just because it's a "super car" is stupid. Yeah yeah, supercar tax, but there's a reason Soul exhausts are so popular -- they're $2k and sound great, instead of being slightly louder and costing $5k.
i'll say this. i came close to pulling a trigger on a 720S last month. had i done that a Soul exhaust would have gone on it right away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll put my Soul up to any other exhaust out there and say it sounds the best. Hands down on all of my driving club drives with (name any exotic car short of a bugatti or pagani) mine is always the fave. Drawback- no valve- so some drone- but it gives some interest to long distance cruising as the car is so refined, smooth, and boring without it. It literally sounds like a GT3 LMS R8.
I'm currently looking at the soul exhaust. How loud is it? I don't mind loud. I feel the car is way to muted for a V10 supercar. I always drive with the valves open anyway so I don't really mind having no valves.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts