Audi R8 Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Correct. 1K is to build the exhaust, then you pay the shipping once it's ready to be shipped. Right now it's a bit expensive, but in a few weeks, it should go down... either way, at 1500 shipped, for a valved exhaust, still better than the "open piped one". My personal opinion... which means nothing :)
Did you manage to install it yet? How is the quality and sound? Is it possible to connest the valves to operate with the OEM vacuum lines or they are solely remotely operated?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Did you manage to install it yet? How is the quality and sound? Is it possible to connest the valves to operate with the OEM vacuum lines or they are solely remotely operated?
Thanks!
I Know Robert ordered his at the same time as I did... Mine came yesterday. Quality and welds look pretty darn good. There's a controller that comes with the exhaust that you can wire up to remote control the valves... I'm not sure if i'll go this route or plug the stock vacuum lines... You can have either. I'm planning on installing it this weekend. I'll make a thread about it and post pics during install and all the fun stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How about a Remus exhaust?

They don't seem very popular among R8 owners but they are a legitimate OEM for the likes of BMW M cars, AC Schitzer, Mercedes AMG, and Nissan Nismo to name of few. And because they are supplying car manufacturers they will be working to tighter tolerances and creating more accurate jigs to ensure final fitment of their exhausts compared to some smaller fabrication shops. Check out the video showing their facility:

BTW, I don't work for Remus or anything but it's a brand I would consider, reasonably priced as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Know Robert ordered his at the same time as I did... Mine came yesterday. Quality and welds look pretty darn good. There's a controller that comes with the exhaust that you can wire up to remote control the valves... I'm not sure if i'll go this route or plug the stock vacuum lines... You can have either. I'm planning on installing it this weekend. I'll make a thread about it and post pics during install and all the fun stuff.
Great! It will be very nice to have a thread on the installation and your observations. I was quoter the same price(SS304), just below 1K + shipping, which is very good. All goes well on your fitment I will get one also.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts