Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 09 R8 V8 - it has an unknown exhaust with valve controlls. The dealer advised me that the previous owner spent over 6k and its a A.C.E. or ACE. Does anyone know what that would be? Its not titanium from the looks of it and dont want to open the back bumber to look.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Never heard of ACE. (Not that I'm an expert, but I just spent a month researching exhausts for myself). Maybe it was a custom fabrication and the "ACE" markings were a personal touch or identifier of the fabricator?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Only exhausts that are in the realms of 6k are Capristo, Armytrix and Akrapovic.
Don’t know of any other brands in this price range. Dealer might be exaggerating on the price.

Regards

·
Registered
133 Posts
i would never trust a dealer. My dealer didnt even tell me about my aftermarket exhuast. Unfortunately the only way to make sure what kind of exhaust you have is to take off the rear bumper which costs $$$. Or you can take videos or pics of what the exhuast looks / sounds like from the rear but itll be everyone guessing at best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts