Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I just received my exhaust valve controller from Valvetronic and can't for the life of me figure out how to get to the exhaust vale solenoid to plug in the new controller. Looks simple enough on the couple, but the spyder appear to be a bit tougher.

Anyone done this on a Gen spyder and have some tips for me? I have a 2011 V10 Spyder.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
87 Posts
This video might help. It's a coupe and a different controller, but it should be very similar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This video might help. It's a coupe and a different controller, but it should be very similar.

Thanks man.

Problem with the spyder is that the engine bay has the metal tray for the cover to sit in when in the down position. I stared at it for about 45 mins today trying to go about this the right way based on all the videos of this install on a coupe.
So wondering if I need to remove the plate or try and come from below in the fender well? Or is this one of these giant PIA projects thats not worth my time on the spyder.

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
87 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are great, thank you! It says removing the fender liner is prob the best way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts