Audi R8 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone know if the Kline exhaust valve controller is plug and play on a '22 similar to the valvetronic solution? I'm just looking for always open and then off being OEM control.

·
Registered
2022 R8 Spyder RWD
40 Posts
i only see Valvetronic 250$ and Cete At 500$
Any other valve controller out there?

i think Valvetronic is the easier to install and easiest to use with the remote control which i think can be programmed on the Homelink garage opener...

Reactions: RWD

·
Registered
2017 R8 Performance
132 Posts
Do you need somthing like the Valvetronic on a 2017 Base? When I put the car into Dynamic mode I'm not sure if it keeps the values open fully all the time or not.... Thoughts?

·
Registered
2022 Audi R8
56 Posts
I put the CETE programmable on my 22 last week and it's awesome. I set it to start up quiet in Comfort and Auto, stay closed in comfort until 5k rpm, open in auto from 5-60 mph (then close for cruising on the highway), fully open always in Dynamic.

Love that I can change it to whatever I want.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I put the CETE programmable on my 22 last week and it's awesome. I set it to start up quiet in Comfort and Auto, stay closed in comfort until 5k rpm, open in auto from 5-60 mph (then close for cruising on the highway), fully open always in Dynamic.

Love that I can change it to whatever I want.
Do you have a link to the CETE valve controller? Are there different models of it or is there just one model? I definitely want to purchase one.

·
Registered
2022 Audi R8
56 Posts
Do you have a link to the CETE valve controller? Are there different models of it or is there just one model? I definitely want to purchase one.
I got the programmable one

The instructions to install and use the app are on the product page of the one you want but they aren't visible unless you are logged into your created account when you buy one.

·
Registered
2022 R8 Spyder RWD
40 Posts
I just installed the Valvetronic controller on my 22’ spyder.
i took me 1h to install at home. Easy mod to install.
its worth it !! The 22’ is really quiet between 2k and 5k RPM. This mod
really open up the sound of the sport exhaust in my case.
for 250$. Easy choice and the new remote from Valvetronic fits perfect in the OEM key slot near the gear selector.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just installed the Valvetronic controller on my 22’ spyder.
i took me 1h to install at home. Easy mod to install.
its worth it !! The 22’ is really quiet between 2k and 5k RPM. This mod
really open up the sound of the sport exhaust in my case.
for 250$. Easy choice and the new remote from Valvetronic fits perfect in the OEM key slot near the gear selector.
How is the valve behavior? Does it give control to the car valve controller if Valvetronic controller is off from the remote?

·
Registered
10 Posts
How is the valve behavior? Does it give control to the car valve controller if Valvetronic controller is off from the remote?
No, it’s a very simple device - valves open or valves closed 100% of the time. The button on the steering wheel no longer does anything, nor do any of the drive modes change anything on the exhaust.

Probably the easiest and simplest device, doesn’t require splicing like the other one on the market, but obviously doesn’t have driving mode functionality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
No, it’s a very simple device - valves open or valves closed 100% of the time. The button on the steering wheel no longer does anything, nor do any of the drive modes change anything on the exhaust.

Probably the easiest and simplest device, doesn’t require splicing like the other one on the market, but obviously doesn’t have driving mode functionality.
Ah I see. I’m looking to have valves open 100% of the time, or revert back to OEM. So valvetronic isn’t for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
CETE will be the better choice for you then, as long as you're ok splicing into the wiring harness (possible warranty concerns).
Another option could be Kline’s valve controller. I had it in my Porsche and it was totally plug and play with the behavior I described. Hopefully they have achieved the same on R8 as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another option could be Kline’s valve controller. I had it in my Porsche and it was totally plug and play with the behavior I described. Hopefully they have achieved the same on R8 as well.
I would be very interested to know how the Kline controller works on the R8. It's difficult to gather from their website and there's no installation documentation to see if it's plug and play like Valvetronic or requires splicing like CETE.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts