Audi R8 Forums banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2022 AUDI R8 PERFORMANCE RWD SUZUKA GRAY
19 Posts
Forza Controller gives you 3 modes: Locked open, closed and OEM. It is plug and play, however, the one I installed had 2 wires crossed inside the unit which we found by trial and error. Was a PIA, but we finally got it sorted out and it works great.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Forza Controller gives you 3 modes: Locked open, closed and OEM. It is plug and play, however, the one I installed had 2 wires crossed inside the unit which we found by trial and error. Was a PIA, but we finally got it sorted out and it works great.
That's pretty awesome. Do you have the installation instructions or anything you can share? The plug and play with OEM features still in tact is ideal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's pretty awesome. Do you have the installation instructions or anything you can share? The plug and play wit OEM features still in tact is ideal.
Install should be like the valvetronic. My local Audi mastertech did the install. Went through the passenger side rear wheel area. Should be a pretty simple install. The unit comes with a remote with 4 buttons. A = locked open B = OEM C & D both = locked closed. To be honest, with OEM sport exhaust, it will always be locked open. I really thought I was going aftermarket exhaust when I first got the car a bit over a month ago, but I'm really liking it with the controller now and I've decided to stick with stock exhaust for now. Not sure if it's just me or not, but at 400 miles, the car seems to be sounding better and better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Install should be like the valvetronic. My local Audi mastertech did the install. Went through the passenger side rear wheel area. Should be a pretty simple install. The unit comes with a remote with 4 buttons. A = locked open B = OEM C & D both = locked closed. To be honest, with OEM sport exhaust, it will always be locked open. I really thought I was going aftermarket exhaust when I first got the car a bit over a month ago, but I'm really liking it with the controller now and I've decided to stick with stock exhaust for now. Not sure if it's just me or not, but at 400 miles, the car seems to be sounding better and better.
When you press button B = OEM. Does that mean when you select Comfort drive mode, exhaust is closed like OEM? Can you still use the exhaust button on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
When you press button B = OEM. Does that mean when you select Comfort drive mode, exhaust is closed like OEM? Can you still use the exhaust button on the steering wheel?
You are correct. Can still use the exhaust button. Everything is as from the factory.

Reactions: Viper0088

·
Registered
2022 R8 Spyder RWD
40 Posts
Ah I see. I’m looking to have valves open 100% of the time, or revert back to OEM. So valvetronic isn’t for me.
i tested it more this week.
when its ON. Its 100% open all the time.
when OFF. it goes back to stock operation. Meaning its quiet between 2k and 5k rpm. Then at 5k+ the exhaust gets loud. Like stock.

Reactions: rr8v

·
Registered
52 Posts

Is it possible to start the car with closed valves? Im mainly looking for the option to have the cold start as quiet as possible.... ( aftermarket exhaust)

·
Registered
2022 Audi R8
56 Posts
How does this work? Do you need to do a manual operation before u start the car or is it programmed to start with closed valves?
you program it with your phone over bluetooth so you can set it and forget it.
I have it closed in Comfort up to 5k rpms and it opens
Auto is closed at idle, opens at 2 mph and closes again at 60 mph (for quiet on highway) and opens at 5k rpms again
Dynamic is always open

I can change any of those parameters by mph or rpm anytime i want with the phone app. It's really cool.

·
Registered
52 Posts
you program it with your phone over bluetooth so you can set it and forget it.
I have it closed in Comfort up to 5k rpms and it opens
Auto is closed at idle, opens at 2 mph and closes again at 60 mph (for quiet on highway) and opens at 5k rpms again
Dynamic is always open

I can change any of those parameters by mph or rpm anytime i want with the phone app. It's really cool.
And when you hit the exhaust button on the steering wheel? Does it work than or you need to use the app?

·
Registered
2022 Audi R8
56 Posts
And when you hit the exhaust button on the steering wheel? Does it work than or you need to use the app?
You don't use the app except to program the modes as mentioned above. After that, changing the modes changes the exhaust valve positions.

You can turn the module off with the traction button if you want it to act like stock. When the unit is on (always for me) the exhaust button doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
2022 Audi R8
56 Posts
It is asinine that a dealer would try to deny a warranty claim on anything but the exhaust valves because of a valve controller. A different dealer will probably give a different answer.

it's almost impossible for this mod to cause engine damage; I will say the CETE controller opens the valves at 5k rpms to ensure there are no issues, make sure any other controllers do at least the same.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts