Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since delivery time is drawing close, I've got a couple of ?s on my mind:

Extended Warranty: has anyone placed an E.W. on their R8? (I recall Harrison was talking about it but don't remember hearing if you did)
What have people paid, or been quoted for E.Warr. on the R8?

Clear bra: which BRAND of clear mask is best in your collective opinion?
I've been reading up on it and am frankly confused by claims and counter-claims. How much of the front did you do? If not all, do you regret it?

This is probably a dumb question, but when you detail your car for that super shine, what do you do about the covered part? (I've had clear bras before, but never on a car where it really mattered about the depth of the shine so the answer has been: nothing!)

PS: do the "Blades" need clear bra? Just the front edge?

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Clear bra: How much of the front did you do? If not all, do you regret it?

This is probably a dumb question, but when you detail your car for that super shine, what do you do about the covered part? (I've had clear bras before, but never on a car where it really mattered about the depth of the shine so the answer has been: nothing!)

PS: do the "Blades" need clear bra? Just the front edge?
I did the entire front grill, headlights, mirror housings, and half the hood. I really wish I'd done the whole hood, and intend to do so. In addition, the track has been hard on the lower side panels (below the doors), so I intend to add film there and do the A-pillars, the B-Pillars up to the "crease", and the CF sideblades as well.

You need to put a great paint prep on the car before you film it.

The film is def softer than paint, so you have to be gentle when washing. The film can be waxed, and IMO should be to protect it so that the bugs don't 'weld' themselves into the plastic.

There are lots of different opinions about this, so please don't flame me. This is just one guy's opinion. BTW, my car is white, so the fine swirls in the film don't show too much. I'm sure it's more critical on the dark colors.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I paid for extended warranty on Monday. Purchased from my salesman. Paid $1850 for 7/70 contract. After viewing the A.C. repair pictures:eek:, I think it's a must have.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I got a call from a poll agency working for Audi UK asking about the sweet spot for an extended warranty for the R8, so it looks as if Audi UK may be about to offer an extended warranty in the UK?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Some cars come with a Superman Ceramic Clearcoat. Paint stays nicer, longer ,and can leap tall buildings . :D

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I read somewhere that some Lambos come with an optional Ceramic containing paint/clear coat that is VERY durable . MORE durable than my R8 paint for sure. But my paint is still good...10k miles now. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts