Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the one option I'm not sure about. It seems ALL of the cars out there and photographed have it, so there's no info on the base car materials. (Just like all the cars have the optional sideblade finish...notice that?) In the 911, the similarly pricey "full leather" package also adds the leather stitched dash, which makes the interior MUCH richer looking over the standard PLASTIC dash. On the otherhand, leather in direct sunlight is not really a good idea - it will eventually age and shrink. I'm just concerned the interior of the $100K+ car might look CHEAP without it!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here's the one option I'm not sure about. It seems ALL of the cars out there and photographed have it, so there's no info on the base car materials. (Just like all the cars have the optional sideblade finish...notice that?) In the 911, the similarly pricey "full leather" package also adds the leather stitched dash, which makes the interior MUCH richer looking over the standard PLASTIC dash. On the otherhand, leather in direct sunlight is not really a good idea - it will eventually age and shrink. I'm just concerned the interior of the $100K+ car might look CHEAP without it!
I firmly believe that leather dash should be the first option added. Without it your car WILL look cheap. The dash is going to be that plasticky/ruberry stuff that just looks like dirt. Actually the 911 is a good comparison. If you dont like the non-full leather on the 911, you wont like it on the 100k r8.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It seems ALL of the cars out there and photographed have it, so there's no info on the base car materials. (Just like all the cars have the optional sideblade finish...notice that?) In the 911, the similarly pricey "full leather" package also adds the leather stitched dash, which makes the interior MUCH richer looking over the standard PLASTIC dash. On the otherhand, leather in direct sunlight is not really a good idea - it will eventually age and shrink. I'm just concerned the interior of the $100K+ car might look CHEAP without it!
One of the Paris launch cars seems to have the standard interior option:

http://gallery.audiworld.com/gallery/album237/Paris_R8_087
http://gallery.audiworld.com/gallery/album237/Paris_R8_088

looks ok to me. It is very easy to spend a lot on options on this car...just like a Porsche:D

·
Registered
782 Posts

looks ok to me. It is very easy to spend a lot on options on this car...just like a Porsche:D
It looks more than okay, also in my brochure. It definitely will NOT look cheap with the standard finish.

I did choose the alcantary roof though (together with the standard alcantary seats that must look sweet)

·
Registered
190 Posts

does that mean that the standard finish is in a grey, i think leather is a must just for the dash to be one colour.

·
Registered
840 Posts

I'm afraid to tell you that both images you found actually have the extended leather option ... not to mention the Alcantara roof lining ...

You will note that there is stitching across the top of the dash above the drivers main instrument panel ... just like there is stitching around the joins on the knee pad by the centre console on the passenger side ... you will also notice that there is stitching along the door where the top shoulder ends and meets the central door inlay ...

I think you'll need to keep looking for pictures of the basis trim ... which I firmly believe will be the same as the basic trim that you'll find in any other Audi.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Paul that is what seemed to confuse me, when i first looked at those pictures i saw the stitching and thought its leather, but if you look at the picture i have shown of the door it seems the top half is not leather at all, and is that the basic trim. To me it looks like some sort of cloth. but the headlining is definitely not standard.:confused:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Paul that is what seemed to confuse me, when i first looked at those pictures i saw the stitching and thought its leather, but if you look at the picture i have shown of the door it seems the top half is not leather at all, and is that the basic trim. To me it looks like some sort of cloth. but the headlining is definitely not standard.:confused:
The headlining in the pictures to me looks like Alcantara ... I'm actually certain it is ... however, like you say the top of the door doesn't look like leather ... the central panel of the door trim certainly does look like leather ... but you might be right in thinking the ? material ? on the top of the door trim might be the standard material for the dash ... as I'm going for the extended leather with Alcantara my interpretation of the spec in the brochure is that the top of the doors will be leather ... the door cards (the central panel of door trim) will also be Alcantara ... like my headlining and the central panels of the seat base and back will also be Alcantara.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Paul,
I was also little bit confused with full leather package at first but, Audi sales person in Paris explained it to me...
So, Fine Nappa All-leather trim(Package2) includes:
-Black Leather Dashboard
-Black Leather Top shoulder and side panel trim(doors)
-Black Leather storaage compartment in door
-Black Lether monoposto
-Black Leather cowl
-Black Leather cover for storage compartment
-Black Leather knee bolster
-Black Leather function pad

These items are ALWAYS in Black leather that is different in texture from leather on seats, door trim insert and door handles(if you do not choose Carbon Sigma or Piano Black interior trim).

Alcantara headlining is ONLY featuring Alcantara on headlining.

You CAN NOT choose Extended Leather Package Black with Alcantara/Leather Package upholstery. You can choose it ONLY as part of Leather Package.

I check all these items over the phone with my dealers few minutes ago...

·
Registered
840 Posts
... ... ...
You CAN NOT choose Extended Leather Package Black with Alcantara/Leather Package upholstery. You can choose it ONLY as part of Leather Package.
... ... ...
That seems odd because when I was with the dealer (in the UK) specing my car we talked about the Extended Leather and the Alcantara ... this resulted in a question regarding what can be kept Alcantara when specing the Extended Leather Package ... I have an answer on my e-mail at work ... but I won't be able to read it until I'm back in the office tomorrow.

My understanding of the dealers phone conversation explaining this point was that you can have Extended Leather and Alcantara in the central door panals and the centre panel of the seat base and the central panel on the seat back ... when I get in to work tomorrow I'll clarify the answer and put it on here ... after all it is to become common knowledge and enter the public domain in the coming days and weeks anyway ... so no harm in me putting it on here tomorrow.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Paul,
Code for Extended Leather is PL3. You simply can not have it with Alcantara/Leather basic trim(code N7U).

It seems to me that many dealers need to learn a lot about R8...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Paul,
Code for Extended Leather is PL3. You simply can not have it with Alcantara/Leather basic trim(code N7U).

It seems to me that many dealers need to learn a lot about R8...
Have to agree with your last sentence ... I will be making sure of my specification this week when I pay the remainder of my deposit to the dealer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does anyone have any info at all as to what the basic interior package is. What is the material for the Dash for example. Audi have given only very vague info on the basic spec for the car. All the car that have been photographed seem to be almost fully optioned, we could do with some photos of the base model.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts