Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been advised that the order specification date has been extended from the 22nd December to the 12 January

The reason?

The dealers are ment to have "Presenter" packs to show finishes, colours and details of all the specification options. Basically they have not arrived, probably either with Santa or delayed in the Christmas Post.

Anyone else heard this change of date?

·
Registered
311 Posts
No, but my dealer gave a vague "as soon as possible", did not specify a date at all. My dealer does not have a specifier kit so I do hope that Santa does have them, Royal Mail...well forget that at this time of year!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have been advised that the order specification date has been extended from the 22nd December to the 12 January

The reason?

The dealers are ment to have "Presenter" packs to show finishes, colours and details of all the specification options. Basically they have not arrived, probably either with Santa or delayed in the Christmas Post.

Anyone else heard this change of date?
Yep, my dealer said that the 22 December 2006 deadline might get extended into early/mid January 2007 ... so it seems he was aware of this possibility much as a week ago when he told me ... although at the time he wasn't sure if the deadline would be extended, or not ... or when the new deadline might be, if it was extended.

He mentioned something about it giving customers extra time to release funds due to the deadline being at the start of the festive season ... I think Audi are now realising that not everyone can make an additional payment close on five figures at this time of year ay short notice.

Personally ... as I've managed to release the appropriate funds so I can make the payment on time ... I'd like to have seen the dealine maintained ;) ... although I'm sure many people will be glad of the extra time to get the funds together.

·
Registered
840 Posts
My dealer does not have a specifier kit so I do hope that Santa does have them
I think this is the same position as my dealer ... all they have are the customer packs ... and 10 of their own price list brochures.

I'll be securing my order and position on the waiting list when I make the additional deposit tomorrow ... I'll be specifying the final options on my order at that time ... safe in the knowledge that some will be TBC ... and possibly changed ... just prior to my R8 entering the build phase.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Im off to see my dealer at 12, i dont know if he has the packs but i have pretty much decided what i want. the raise in deposit is not a problem but me being avaliable in the begining of january might be. After all its the time to be boarding:D

ill let you all know how i get one. oh and im going to ask him about why the R8 has mk2 TT seats. LOL;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just had confirmed that the 12th January is the new cut off date for spec and increased deposit. I would suggest to all to hang on to your hard earned 10k and earm a few more pennies in interest - may go toards the tax disc holder?

Someone is bound to make a nice R8 aluminium holder just as they did for the TT when it came out. Great Xmas stocking filler if anyone knows where to find one?

·
Registered
175 Posts
may have somthing to do with the boxes turning up with a spelling mistake on the first-line......not very professional my dealer said as he pointed it out....... i still grabbed it off him

1 - 7 of 7 Posts