Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the dealer last time and they have a new Performance Plus facelift car there in that darker blue. Now I was beginning to believe the others who were not the biggest fans of the new look. Let me tell you I certainly changed my mind standing beside it especially the grille on the rear that breaks up that big plain arse look (I still like mine a lot) and the sharp corners on the front look great. Pictures just don't do this car justice. I also missed the Decenium that came in (#88 of 286) as it came was prepped and left to the owner. Sold for $245k cdn

·
Registered
151 Posts
That giant lego rear grill is THE worst part of the facelift, it makes it look like a tonka toy, very cheap look

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was at the dealership yesterday having my gen1 facelift in for the yearly maintenance and they had a 2020 performance model in the showroom floor.

I thought it looked great. I really like the carbon fiber on the side skirts and front lip. I know I'm in the minority here but the only thing I would change is make the rear gloss black or add more carbon fiber.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I saw this facelift in person at a dealer and it does look good. I have a gen 2 and to be honest the first impression is "cool, another R8" - as opposed to thinking "ugh, that looks poor". It doesn't look poor. I didn't realize that back grill is highly 3D curved and contoured, that is totally missed in photos. Here are a few photos

Webp.net-compress-image (8).jpg

Webp.net-compress-image (9).jpg

Webp.net-compress-image (7).jpg

·
Registered
711 Posts
Still no like too much plastic and fake vents in the front, Audi was thinking this is a boy ricer Civic type R? :D

·
Vendor
14 Posts
I saw this facelift in person at a dealer and it does look good. I have a gen 2 and to be honest the first impression is "cool, another R8" - as opposed to thinking "ugh, that looks poor". It doesn't look poor. I didn't realize that back grill is highly 3D curved and contoured, that is totally missed in photos. Here are a few photos
I'd agree the rear looks better in person as the contours do not show on photos. But it really needs something in the center to break it up more rather than just looking like 1 continuous element. Compare how much better the back of Huracan performante/Evo looks compared to a regular Huracan - mainly because the center exhaust

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd agree the rear looks better in person as the contours do not show on photos. But it really needs something in the center to break it up more rather than just looking like 1 continuous element. Compare how much better the back of Huracan performante/Evo looks compared to a regular Huracan - mainly because the center exhaust
That thing in the center to break up the 1 continuous element is the license plate :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
That thing in the center to break up the 1 continuous element is the license plate
It need to be body colour not yellow or what ever other countries run, also for shorter plates its still an issue

·
Registered
151 Posts
I absolutely think the front is stellar , the rear is ehh .... alright
Throw that front on a pre face & keep the pre gen 2 rear
That’s where it’s at .
personally couldnt agree less, the new feont end looks like a MY17 GTR and Gen2 PFL R8 Love child, far to many mangked angles shoved all over the plave in an attempt to look aggressive whilst losing the class of the car

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just saw a few in person at my dealer Friday. I'm ok with it. Much better in person. If they had just made the rear vented all the way across I would like it better. I like the black across but maybe should have not been all the same grill pattern. I do really like the side skirts and I thought the front was ok in person with the overall design but am disappointed about most areas being without any function. Audi to me always was the more authentic with functional detail across most of my 12 Audis but the fake exhausts on newer cars is bugging me. Design should have function. That said I am happy as ever with my RWS looks. Newer version not anything I care about to buy.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just saw a few in person at my dealer Friday. I'm ok with it. Much better in person. If they had just made the rear vented all the way across I would like it better. I like the black across but maybe should have not been all the same grill pattern. I do really like the side skirts and I thought the front was ok ..
A recently sold black car in CA looks pretty good with this profile, fwiw. Add black or carbon fiber exhaust tips and it’s complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts