Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been there to pick their car up? What's the craic like if so. Am planning a visit early October to pick mine up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My German Audi dealer had to physically present my R8 to the Luxembourg DMV to register it, so the factory collection that I had requested was out.

I will be scheduling a factory visit shortly though, so I am curious also as to what it's like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will you let me know how you get on? Which route back have you gone for?
Mike,

Hello. The tour itself started for us on Friday at 1pm with lunch, then 2pm-4pm taken around the factory with our personal guide (just me and the mrs with a former factory floor worker - very interesting chap), and then 4pm-5pm handover done very professionally and patiently (including setting up my BlackBerry for BT). A few trinkets and off we went:

I would recommend going to Stuttgart the night before, staying at an interesting hotel (eg ), and leaving at 9am for the factory. Arriving 10am, you can then do the 2 hour tour, lunch, handover, and have enough time to tour the Audi Forum museum and shop. Don't forget to take only your Audi luggage as other luggage may not fit into the car!

Our journey was start Friday, overnight Stuttgart, then Saturday to Lausanne, and then around Mont Blanc on Sunday, and back to London on Monday. Total trip 1,320 miles, so it has been run in now! The car was fabulous, and I was really careful with the running in, and it got better and better - esp the sound!

Have fun, it's wonderful!
R.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent. And it sounds like its well worthwhile.

We are only planning one night on the way back, near Koln in the Schloss Bensberg Hotel, as I have work commitments in Scotland on Monday, but we are getting out there on Thursday night so should manage the whole tour.

On second thoughts I might take a very long weekend as the diversions sound fun. Thanks for the tips and I will report back.

Cheers

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts