Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was advised by dealer that their will be an option to collect my car from the factory.

In fact to quote " A prestige 2-3 day event" will be organised for the first collections in early June.

It would be fun to oragnise a mass collection and lead a convoy back to the UK for the lucky ones of us who have the first deliveries

More details will follow and I will post as and when I get them.

My specification has to be in by the 22nd December but will be changeable all the way up to the final build week.

Exact delivery date will be given to me in January.

It seems that the dealer can now give more information instead of us contacting the dedicated R8 phone line !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Excellent news ... and an excellent idea ... I spoke to my dealer about this some time ago ... but he has yet to call me back about it ... needless to say when I go in to sit down with him and spec up my car ... I'll raise this item and see what he says.

A weekend away to collect the R8 from the factory would be great ... although I'll be surprised if I'm one of the very first ... but, we'll have to wait and see I suppose ... I'd still be interested in collecting mine from the factory ... although, I probably wouldn't end up in a convoy headed by an R8 wearing a rather cool registration number ... which is speculation on my part and nothing more.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul,

I am told that the order of delivery dates is not all down to when hard money was placed. If you are a loyal customer (and I think you are) with a verbal or written confirmed intent, which was placed on the offical Audi "register of interest" - this is what counts.

I have been with Audi for 15 years and had in excess of 10 cars with 3 more currently on order. What Audi want above anything is brand loyalty and not speculators with loads of cash.

You have every chance of a good delivery date, if we are all within a few weeks it still woiuld nice to make a mass collection. I am sure Audi UK would be interested in this for their magazine??????

·
Registered
840 Posts
Not been an Audi man for as long as yourself L3MAN ... but was with them early enough on the RS4 to pick it up at the end of March this year ... one of the early RS4s to be delivered in my area ... and been with Audi for a while before then ... so I might be lucky I suppose ... time will tell in the end though.

Would be nice to become 'published' if they decide to cover a collection of R8s in the Audi Magazine ... if I'm fortunate enough to be at the right place at the right time ... although I might not be having an R8 standard colour on mine ... not sure the Phantom Black is ... black enough ... had Daytona Grey on my last two Audi's and I think it's time for a change ... having seen Mugello Blue on a Q7 ... I'll not be going for that ... I don't want white, too difficult to keep clean ... I don't want silver, too many cars are silver nowadays ... I don't want a red R8, as I already have a red NSX ... I don't like the green on offer, so that's out ... which leaves jet blue, but I'm not sure about that either ... so out of the eight standard R8 colours on offer at present ... I'm left considering:
Phantom Black ... although I'm undecided on this as it's not that black...
Daytona Grey ... although I'd like a change of colour from my last two Audi's ...
Jet Blue ... although I'm not sure about this and would want to see a car in this colour first ...

Which makes me think I'll be looking for another colour for my R8 to be taken from their current paint range ... JampoTT needen't worry though, I'll not be going for Imola Yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you wait for a Jet Black it probably would not be metallic or pearl - would show a lot of dirt as well - I had a BMW 850 Alpina in jet black, bitch to keep clean, only looked good in June, July & August!!!!

Daytone Grey with black interior is classy - I know you have done this beofore but you can not knock good taste!!!

Jet Blue - what can I say, original concept colour that blue all away to place our orders as soon as possible - this could be the most original colour for an original owner !!!!

Could you really wait longer, when you may be one of the first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
If you wait for a Jet Black it probably would not be metallic or pearl - would show a lot of dirt as well - I had a BMW 850 Alpina in jet black, bitch to keep clean, only looked good in June, July & August!!!!
I do like the proper jet/piano black that Audi do ... but yes, you are quite right, it'd be just as hard to keep clean as a white car.
Daytone Grey with black interior is classy - I know you have done this beofore but you can not knock good taste!!!
Indeed ... makes me think of the saying ... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Jet Blue - what can I say, original concept colour that blue all away to place our orders as soon as possible - this could be the most original colour for an original owner !!!!
If the Jet Blue shown in the brochure is meant to be the same as the colour of the original concept display car ... well it's far from anything like it ... the Jet Blue in the brochure (when viewed on a PC) is more like the Sprint Blue that the RS4 is available in ... Ice Silver looks closer to the concept car colour (when viewed on a PC).
Could you really wait longer, when you may be one of the first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A very pertinant point ... however, it would be nice to be different ... albeit just a little bit.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Factory collection was mentioned when I picked up my pack this afternoon ... will talk to the salesman in more detail when I go to specify my car ... I'm now finalising my list of questions for the salesman ... it might be quite long!

·
Registered
175 Posts
my dealer has said this too, myself and 2 other guys from liverpool are hoping to collect our R8's from germany....when i find out i'll let you guys know

·
Registered
840 Posts
Having had a couple of chats with my dealer over the last few days ... I get the feeling that a factory visit and collection might well be possible ... it is certainly something that Audi are giving serious consideration ... with the R8 being such an important car in Audi's range ... it will almost be a certainty that a factory collection will be possible ... although until it's confirmed it is still just a case of ... "might be possible".

·
Registered
190 Posts
i spoke to the dealer yesterday and he said that the factory collection should be possible as A8 customers were given that option and he cant see Audi not allowing people to do this on such an important car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts