Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a V10 plus with 2 insurance claims: one for $53k for front left damage and another a few months later for $25k at the same spot

Market value here in Canada for a clean car like this is around $190k. It has race shell seats so I will be replacing them with electric seats which won't be cheap either

What would you guys say is a fair price for something like this? I'll be keeping the car for 2-3 years most likely

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sounds like a car that has lived a rough life. What else is damaged (hidden damages)?

If you absolutely must, it better have a HUGE discount. I would run away.

Reminds me of a car someone here was looking at and I did some digging and found quite a bit of undisclosed damages.

Reactions: ExpertRanch

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a car that has lived a rough life. What else is damaged (hidden damages)?

If you absolutely must, it better have a HUGE discount. I would run away.

Reminds me of a car someone here was looking at and I did some digging and found quite a bit of undisclosed damages.
yes that’s true. I was going to get a PPI done at the local Audi dealer but I guess there could be too many hidden damages. Main reason I wanted it was because it’s a plus and had the colour combo I’ve wanted. Not many to choose from up here

·
Registered
587 Posts
yes that’s true. I was going to get a PPI done at the local Audi dealer but I guess there could be too many hidden damages. Main reason I wanted it was because it’s a plus and had the colour combo I’ve wanted. Not many to choose from up here
Thread very carefully. You are buying a headache and maybe throwing away your "investment". Very tough sell and maybe hard to register in some jurisdictions.

Reactions: V10MANUAL

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I just did a walk at a local paint shop. Saw Aventadors with holes in the door, a Performante that needed $100k in body repairs. Owner told me some pay out of pocket. You don’t know what you’ll find with an actual claimed repair, let alone one that has a clean history!

·
Registered
118 Posts
If it's that yellow one I wouldn't even bother, personally. That is not a good price for a rebuilt, with that mileage and those claims, despite today's market. A clean used one would have been that price at one point and I think we will get there again.

If you're only keeping it for a few years you will then have to explain these claims to the next potential buyer. Trying to sell could be as big a headache as other potential damage issues lying underneath.

·
Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
218 Posts
You will struggle to sell and lose more overall than buying a clean used one with normal depreciation. Its not worth buying unless you have proof of all damage and repairs and will keep the car forever.

Reactions: r8van

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it's that yellow one I wouldn't even bother, personally. That is not a good price for a rebuilt, with that mileage and those claims, despite today's market. A clean used one would have been that price at one point and I think we will get there again.

If you're only keeping it for a few years you will then have to explain these claims to the next potential buyer. Trying to sell could be as big a headache as other potential damage issues lying underneath.

I actually inquired about that one a while ago. Seller seems really sketchy. I asked if he knew an approx value of repairs and he said he didn't know. He sent me an invoice of all the things repaired and blurred out all the costs.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Coming from someone who was hit coming out of a parking lot by a woman on my front right (her second accident of the day), my car had 28k damage as needed a new front bumper, sensors, hood, pair of lights etc. Thankfully there was no frame damage, but the claim looks scary on the car fax. The important thing as stated above is to get a hold of the repair claim and also have a PPi done at a shop for the engine but also a body shop experienced in r8/ exotics. If there is frame damage run. Otherwise if repairs are done correctly with oem parts, no issues by me and maybe can snag a discount.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
756 Posts
her second accident of the day
This always amazes me. I was about a week out having finished major modifications and "restoration" of my '78 323i to get rear ended while sitting at a stop sign, and the women's first words were, "not again!" Apparently she kept rear ending people while turning around to tell her kid to shut up.....

·
Registered
2022 Audi R8 5.2 V10 performance quattro
42 Posts
There’s always that one horror story on every car forum where a new member shows up with an ex-members super abused car. Lol When I joined Rennlist after buying a 996, I had a similar username to a banned member and they thought I was them for a brief period until somebody literally did an ip search to confirm I wasn’t.

It wasn’t a former members car, but my 996 naturally ended up being a lemon and needing the trans replaced twice 😩 Finally sold it as a roller.

With that said, OP, my 0.02 is run as well.

·
Registered
587 Posts
There’s always that one horror story on every car forum where a new member shows up with an ex-members super abused car. Lol When I joined Rennlist after buying a 996, I had a similar username to a banned member and they thought I was them for a brief period until somebody literally did an ip search to confirm I wasn’t.

It wasn’t a former members car, but my 996 naturally ended up being a lemon and needing the trans replaced twice 😩 Finally sold it as a roller.

With that said, OP, my 0.02 is run as well.
Been on rennlist for decades. Like Pelican and other boards, there have been lots of good stories and some negative ones. As to 996's, hit of miss on them. With proper updates they can be bulletproof. Not in the same level as 993 and prior versions though. Multiple PCar owner here.

BTW car I was referring to was a local car being sold to a member. The description of the vehicle included many of the 9 elements of fraud....

Reactions: krazyk86cu

·
Registered
118 Posts
I actually inquired about that one a while ago. Seller seems really sketchy. I asked if he knew an approx value of repairs and he said he didn't know. He sent me an invoice of all the things repaired and blurred out all the costs.
This is my most recent favourite: 2021 Audi R8 Spyder V10 CONVERTIBLE - Ste-Marie

169,999 CAD. Asking is almost close to brand new one at MSRP (allocation chances excluded of course) - For fun I was able to track down the original damage pics and auction sold price from the VIN: https://en.bidfax.info/audi/r8/12017795-audi-r8-2021-gray-52l-10-vin-wuabacfx4m7901092.html

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe Vorsteiner wing/front lip 1016 side skirts, Capristo Exhaust
687 Posts
Don’t walk away……Run

Reactions: V10MANUAL
1 - 20 of 20 Posts