Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You gotta' admire Porsche way back when the 959 came out. It was the best car and a bit exclusive and PRICEY...Audis' R8 is a very similar set up.I would have to say that the 959 is the R8s' favourite cousin. :) By the way aren't most formula one cars 10 cyl. at the moment.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree it looks ugly now, but had you said that when she came out-- you would have been called CRAZY !!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The boys would wait till you were born and then give you a diaper WEDGIE . I actually saw my first 959 in person recently and I was amazed at the primitiveness. It was a pristine original condition car. Right off the bat it looked like it needed to be lowered six inches at least. But it was THE SUPERCAR of its time. and 1 million bucks twenty years ago (or so). No offence with the joke. :)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Genau.Exactomundo.Precisely "Ol Chap!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
i remember the 959.. who remembers the computer game "test drive 2: the duel".. that had a 959 in it didnt it ?

i remember the cars i used to like back in those days.. 959, lotus turbo esprit, audi quattro :)D), xj220, rs cosworth.. the 80s and 90s were great..bring em back

·
Registered
87 Posts
There were only about 225 959's made. They were not legal to be brought into America for many years. Bill Gates had one that was impounded in international waters because it was not DOT and EPA legal. You can now get a waiver and own one....the government is so compassionate now. Yes it is ugly by today's standards. I am of course prejudiced but I think my R8 is the most beautiful piece of auto art I have ever seen. A 959 is worth a lot of money today. I think I'll do a search to see how much. 9-28...I see a 959S, guards red, pristine etc etc, listed for $395K. I doubt they will get it. Car is in Phoenix, Arizona.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts