·
Registered
100 Posts
Interested too.

·
Registered
2011 Audi R8 V10 Coupe
715 Posts
I have a Kenwood stereo with wireless/wired Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, backup camera works with factory camera, and my steering wheel controls work.

·
Registered
2011 Audi R8 V10 Coupe
715 Posts
I have an R8 without a back up camera and no navigation. How difficult is it to add the back up camera?
The hardest part is going to be running the wire from the back of the stereo to the back of the car. The rest should be simply a matter of finding the receiver and camera you want, and making sure that they compatible.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The hardest part is going to be running the wire from the back of the stereo to the back of the car. The rest should be simply a matter of finding the receiver and camera you want, and making sure that they compatible.
Thank you. That's what I was afraid of.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Package will be delivered next wednesday so i will start posting photos and explain everything

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Connected the unit it was super easy took 2 minutes to remove my nav unplug and plug in this one

obviously i did not route the usb or the gps cable in 2 minutes but it should take maybe another20-30 minutes

the unit is a complete plug and play

shows minor canbus data like oil temp etc and when doors are opened or trunk / frunk

tomorrow i will test how it works with oem backup camera

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
When you say 2 minutes. You mean from the time it takes to completely change the units over and have the new unit completely installed and running? All factory controls, factory backup camera, etc...?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
2 minutes Everything minus hiding gps mouse and installing usb plugs and running wire for backup camera

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does the unit use the existing back up camera? You mentioned upgrading the back up camera, what camera are you using or will be using? Can you provide a link to it? The existing camera on my car is pretty bad, low image quality vs my other Audi back up cams.

All in all, looks pretty good. Nice job!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh one more thing, the pictures you took and posted has the middle button's with Start/Stop icon looking like its is freely rotating to be in different positions. Is this a defect or is is suppose to do that?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hey as of right now it doesnt work with oem camera the
Does the unit use the existing back up camera? You mentioned upgrading the back up camera, what camera are you using or will be using? Can you provide a link to it? The existing camera on my car is pretty bad, low image quality vs my other Audi back up cams.

All in all, looks pretty good. Nice job!
Hey as of right now it doesnt work with oem camera the unit comes with a high resolution camera

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Leem, The middle button looks like a click wheel so the icon will likely rotate freely.

The headunit fit and finish look good. Waiting for the instal and review video. Thanks Lex.

Oh one more thing, the pictures you took and posted has the middle button's with Start/Stop icon looking like its is freely rotating to be in different positions. Is this a defect or is is suppose to do that?
View attachment 262600 View attachment 262601

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Kenwood stereo with wireless/wired Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, backup camera works with factory camera, and my steering wheel controls work.
Where did you find all the wiring kits needed? I am having trouble finding an installer who can get the wiring harnesses needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will be doing group buy

Its an android 8” screen has wireless car play built in and will be a complete plug and play reacement i will get the first unit and do a test video and installation guide

$1250 regular price but we are doing group buy for $1100 shipped first 25 people
Is this for Android only?

21 - 40 of 85 Posts