Audi R8 Forums banner
741 - 760 of 766 Posts

· Registered
09 V8 6MT
323 Posts
Wasn’t aware the V9 had the low volume issue. Thought they were good to go out of the box. V10 had issues cause they clearly did not fully test the functionality of them prior to selling. Seems like a bunch of us had to work through the kinks.

Im definitely happy with the unit still. But have still yet to achieve seamless connection to wireless CarPlay. If using just Bluetooth it connects every time and automatically.

· Registered
34 Posts
Wasn’t aware the V9 had the low volume issue. Thought they were good to go out of the box. V10 had issues cause they clearly did not fully test the functionality of them prior to selling. Seems like a bunch of us had to work through the kinks.

Im definitely happy with the unit still. But have still yet to achieve seamless connection to wireless CarPlay. If using just Bluetooth it connects every time and automatically.
It's lower than the stock upgraded audio system for sure. Also, it didn't have the wireless android auto, which was implied. That one fact annoyed me, since I asked and was ignored. I honestly don't really use it much, besides Bluetooth audio, since I have a motorized vent mount for my Z fold 4, which I can use unfolded and the screen is about the same size as this head-unit and I can use it without locking to a phone screen when on the phone. I likely need the Android 12 unit for wireless android auto, but I would still have the phone screen lock issue and the echo when on a call.

· Registered
22 Posts
Hi the unit has been installed but there is a hissing sound when I press the gas pedal after the radio install not sure why
one of the wires is probably getting some interference from another cable. I wonder if it can be shielded better. Did you find out if you have updated hardware or just updated software to android 12? Interested to hear any other hot takes...

· Registered
22 Posts
I think i read somewhere in the thread earlier that the RCA cables on the back of the unit has to be wrapped with electrical tape so they do not touch any other metal connections or grounding which would cause the annoying RPM whine
that makes sense. any errant connection could cause it. a quick google of this problem shows a lot of detail. I would take wires off one at a time and try to see if I could eliminate it. RCA cables suck.

· Registered
46 Posts
that makes sense. any errant connection could cause it. a quick google of this problem shows a lot of detail. I would take wires off one at a time and try to see if I could eliminate it. RCA cables suck.
Yeah I reckon when I eventually get a unit and install it gonna just electrical tape round all the connectors at the back.. Will take 5 mins and saves a lot of headache 🤣

· Registered
22 Posts
So I played around with the unit today and did the Db trick as the volume was subpar. After the trick it is all fine. However still have the Rpm whine....also one other issue I have which is non related with this unit is not sure if I have any back speakers. I am seeing speakers on the back of the seats but dont get any music from them...also checked the fader on this unit and I think it has the fade capability....so as I moved the fade to the back no music is coming.

Also there is wireless android auto which connects automatically if anyone is trying to understand that functionality

· Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchased the ACARNAVI head unit for my 2012 V10 6MT. The back panel of the unit looks a bit different from the videos sted by Milo. Could someone enlighten me on how to connect the audio cables? The printed labels on the female and male audio connectors do not match (See pictures). Even I connected the audio cables just base on their colours (ignoring the CD cables), there is no sound from the unit (tried both Bluetooth and radio). Are there any settings I need to adjust?

-Wilfred View attachment 277153
View attachment 277154
I just received my new version, same wiring as yours, did you ever figure out the variation on the red andwhite plugs? As the 4 corners from one loom don’t line up with labels from the other loom.

· Registered
1 Posts
I just received my new version, same wiring as yours, did you ever figure out the variation on the red andwhite plugs? As the 4 corners from one loom don’t line up with labels from the other loom.
I recently received and installed mine. Check out this guys highlight on instagram for a great walkthrough of installation. In case link doesn’t work the username is always.parked. You have to use the splitters and connect two to four.

· Registered
3 Posts
I recently received and installed mine. Check out this guys highlight on instagram for a great walkthrough of installation. In case link doesn’t work the username is always.parked. You have to use the splitters and connect two to four.
You are a saint, that was super helpful as I have the newer version just like that!!! Can’t thank you enough!!

741 - 760 of 766 Posts