Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Or is it leather? I don't see stitching?!

http://forums.audiworld.com/r8/msgs/4223.phtml

And the standard enginebay again.

I would say that it is not leather.

Also standard engine bay shows signs of pooling water marks, not easy to keep clean, yet another good reason to go for the easy wipe down carbon finish. I really think that the standard engine bay will be like any engine bay and will attract dirt, grease & water marks. The smooth wipe clean carbon surely is a consideration if you want to present the engine at its best all the time?

·
Registered
564 Posts
but very nice pics nonetheless... i like the 2nd from the top where you see the muscular side profile.. better then on any other pic... wonderful, gorgeous.. the ultimate ;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say that it is not leather.

Also standard engine bay shows signs of pooling water marks, not easy to keep clean, yet another good reason to go for the easy wipe down carbon finish. I really think that the standard engine bay will be like any engine bay and will attract dirt, grease & water marks. The smooth wipe clean carbon surely is a consideration if you want to present the engine at its best all the time?
Hmm you've got a point there. But because Carbon is glossy you'll have to clean it even more frequently?!

Somehow the longer I see Daytona's with the Oxygen sideblade, the more I think the Oxygen blade is too bright for the car. A darker blade (e.g. the standard one, or carbon) suits it better, don't you think?

If you want contrast, put the Oxygen on a Phantom!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hmm you've got a point there. But because Carbon is glossy you'll have to clean it even more frequently?!

Somehow the longer I see Daytona's with the Oxygen sideblade, the more I think the Oxygen blade is too bright for the car. A darker blade (e.g. the standard one, or carbon) suits it better, don't you think?

Thats exactly what I have ordered ( along with a few other forum members) but no good photo of that particular combination has surfaced anywhere yet. Anyone got one anywhere?

John

·
Registered
617 Posts

Yes, but it will be easy to clean.

I am all for Daytona and carbon blades, most of the photos in reviews show this option becaause it photographs so well as a subtle contrast.

The best contrast IMHO is Jet blue with silver blades - the original concept!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thats exactly what I have ordered ( along with a few other forum members) but no good photo of that particular combination has surfaced anywhere yet. Anyone got one anywhere?

John
Do you mean Phantom Black or Daytona Grey with carbon sideblades?

I have loads of good pics of the Daytona Grey if this helps and a few in Phantom Black. Let me know if I can be of help?

·
Registered
149 Posts

I have loads of good pics of the Daytona Grey if this helps and a few in Phantom Black. Let me know if I can be of help?
The combo I was after was phantom black with Oxygen silver sideblades. There were two in Vegas but no good pictures of them. My original thought was the SB's are an essential design feature and needed emphasising rather than merging in with the car. I wanted phantom black but thought there was not enough contrast with the carbon fibre SB's so opted for oxygen silver. Obviously I want to see a car in the flesh to check its not a big mistake. Thanks for your offer.
John

·
Registered
564 Posts
... I have loads of good pics of the Daytona Grey if this helps and a few in Phantom Black. Let me know if I can be of help?
hey L3 - plleeeaassseee post those phantomblack pics on the forum - there are quite some people (incl. me) :rolleyes: looking for pics of black/with silver SBs.. so please do us that favour.. cant wait till june :D :D thanks

·
Registered
840 Posts
Maybe the CF engine bay will need cleaning more frequently to keep it looking pristine ... but the time to clean it will be shorter ... not to mention easier ... due to the CFs lovely smooth high gloss finish ... mine will be CF ... so I'd better get some extra cleaning cloths on a trip to the car cleaning suppliers ... when the R8 turns up ... :) :) :)

·
Registered
14 Posts

could you post a daytona grey with carbon sideblades?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That car has "extended leather", so it should be black leather, not the mystery metallic!
But what about the stitching then?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since i've never owned a mid-engined car.. will i have issues of condensation forming on the glass on directly above the engine bay inside of the boot lid and on the inside of the glass behind the head rests that is partioning the engine and drivers cockpit?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Since i've never owned a mid-engined car.. will i have issues of condensation forming on the glass on directly above the engine bay inside of the boot lid and on the inside of the glass behind the head rests that is partioning the engine and drivers cockpit?
I've owned an NSX for getting towards 3 years ... a 1996 model that started life in Japan (2 owners) ... then it went to Cyprus (1 owner) ... before I got my hands on it when it arrived in the UK ... it spent about 9 months outside before I moved to a house with a garage ... its been out in rain, sun, frost, snow, all sorts really ... I've never had a problem with condensation since I've had it.

The R8 ... like the NSX ... has it's engine in the right place ... and like any car the engine is open to the elements ... therefore the rear window covering the engine bay is open to the elements ... which I suspect is a large reason why condensation has not been a problem ... although I could be wrong.

All the above is ... imho.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts