Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working with a company to get a kit for our cars that will slow us to add car play and use the factory buttons to control it

as of now seems like the price will be $1100 per unit which might have to be shipped to them for retrofit I will post photos and videos once I try the first unit

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me personally the only thing stopping me from getting a high res unit is they all look aftermarket they are all missing volume button I love the oem look

·
Registered
200 Posts
yes, i will be watching this.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a new 7 series I have CarPlay on it I have never touched the touchscreen I only use the idrive to control it

·
Registered
338 Posts
I admit it’s neat but the R8 interior is dated by the design of the standard headunit imho and looks all the better for removing the buttons...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I admit it’s neat but the R8 interior is dated by the design of the standard headunit imho and looks all the better for removing the buttons...
Do you have DAB on that one? Do you have to install an aerial somewhere on the glass?

Where did you get your fascia, I'm a fan of the slot at the bottom... edit: custom job, nice work! :)

(follow you on insta btw! lovely build)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Cheers . Yeah it’s a custom build. I mounted the DAB aerial in the rear 1/4 glass as i didn’t like the look of it on the front screen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cheers . Yeah it’s a custom build. I mounted the DAB aerial in the rear 1/4 glass as i didn’t like the look of it on the front screen.

Excellent. Could you show me where you mounted it for reference? Assume the cable is long enough to route through the center console to the back glass? I've just ordered a headunit & RTA kit to replace mine.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mounted it here.
Was a bit of a fiddle to route the wire through the center console and through the rear 1/4, but well worth it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mounted it here.
Was a bit of a fiddle to route the wire through the center console and through the rear 1/4, but well worth it.

Fantastic, thank you for the picture makes it much easier to figure out!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Subscribing. I am very interested. Not willing to hack up my interior (or anything else original for that matter) in my GT. So CarPlay on the factory headunit would be huge.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts